So whats being done about these robberies?

TomTomNT

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
First the blatant Jon Jones vs Reyes scam, as clear of a 1,2,3 you will ever see in a 10-9 round fight probably ever, and now Hooker gets home cookin freebie? I mean fuck, they giving out more freebies than Harvey Weinstein dinner parties recently...

How is it obvious to majority of people who arent biased towards their favorite fighter when watching these fights but people who get paid to do this for a living cant figure out who is actually winning on a consistent basis? Just flip a coin now or score it based on crowd reaction? Like what we are scoring these fights by now? Blood lost? cuts? I dont even understand because at least these last 2 main events have been pretty straight forward to score.....

Last edited:
If you want to be the hero, you have to BEAT the hometown hero.

Nothing, but Hooker/Felder wasn't a robbery. I had it for Felder but those first 2 rounds can be argued

Jones/Reyes however was dogshit

If you want to be the hero, you have to BEAT the hometown hero.
So basically no one should fight unless its in their home town? That way unless u get finished you get a UD/SD no matter what? Is that what its going to come down to now?

Like what is the issue here.. Felder won the 5th and it was clear as day they were 2-2 going into the 5th...Same with Jon jones, he got his ass beat for 3 straight rounds, tried panic wrestling, and then once Reyes started gassing because he actually used his energy to win 3 rounds and therefor secure the belt, somehow we give that fight to Jon because he did nothing for 3 rounds so he had energy to fight the last 2? Like ok, i gotta start applying for my judging license, i wonder how much they make, cuz this shit looks like i can just flip a coin for every fight and get away with at this point.

I think we're killing cry babies now so we dont have to listen to the bitching. Because let's be honest. We came to watch a fight and we did that. Who the fuck cares about what happens next? Send location they'll put you on the bitch list.

So basically no one should fight unless its in their home town? That way unless u get finished you get a UD/SD no matter what? Is that what its going to come down to now?

Like what is the issue here.. Felder won the 5th and it was clear as day they were 2-2 going into the 5th...Same with Jon jones, he got his ass beat for 3 straight rounds, tried panic wrestling, and then once Reyes started gassing because he actually used his energy to win 3 rounds and therefor secure the belt, somehow we give that fight to Jon because he did nothing for 3 rounds so he had energy to fight the last 2? Like ok, i gotta start applying for my judging license, i wonder how much they make, cuz this shit looks like i can just flip a coin for every fight and get away with at this point.
Well if you wanna make sure you win, you gotta do better than 3-2. 4-1 maybe. But leaving it up to just 1 round is too risky. IMO it's your own fault for letting it go to the judges.

First the blatant Jon Jones vs Reyes scam, as clear of a 1,2,3 you will ever see in a 10-9 round fight probably ever, and now Hooker gets home cookin freebie? I mean fuck, they giving out more freebies than Harvey Weinstein dinner parties recently...

How is it obvious to majority of people who arent biased towards their favorite fighter when watching these fights but people who get paid to do this for a living cant figure out who is actually winning on a consistent basis? Just flip a coin now or score it based on crowd reaction? Like what we are scoring these fights by now? Blood lost? cuts? I dont even understand because at least these last 2 main events have been pretty straight forward to score.....
Nobody will do anything. Bisping should have never beat hamill. Happened before then and will happen after.

Sucks tho

Nothing, but Hooker/Felder wasn't a robbery. I had it for Felder but those first 2 rounds can be argued

Jones/Reyes however was dogshit
i thought hooker won the first two handily. then felder the second two. anyone saying it was a robbery is a bald manlet. reyes/jones was a robbery.

Is it really "home cooking"? I checked these judges on mma decisions, they are judging events all over the world other than the US. Are these guys even from NZ? don't think so.

Reyes/Jones, as much as I disagree with the decision, was not a robbery. It's really just semantics, I think the decision was wrong but robbery is probably not the word.

Felder/Hooker is about as close as a fight can be. calling that a robbery is silly as fuck. I had it for Hooker by super thin margin and I have no preference for one over the other.

you aren't going to agree with every close decision. that is how it works. scoring is very subjective, especially on a first live viewing.

OP using finesse to subtlety troll Jon Jones fans, I like it. I didn't feel like Felder was robbed though.

the majority of fighters think it's ok to win a decision. I didn't realize how bad that was till now

I would have liked for Felder to win but that last takedown and little bit of control won him the fight which was extremely close prior to that. If not for the takedown, Hooker would have soundly lost the 5th and lost the fight.
Correct decision IMO

Like most I had it Hooker 1,2 and Felder 3,4.

The 5th round was close, but I think Hooker got the nod due to his takedown, which Felder got up twice from.

I don't think it was a robbery at all, and not even close in comparison to Reyes (1,2,3) / Jones (4,5).

Not a fan of either Felder or Hooker, so I really didn't care who won.

Is it really "home cooking"? I checked these judges on mma decisions, they are judging events all over the world other than the US. Are these guys even from NZ? don't think so.

Reyes/Jones, as much as I disagree with the decision, was not a robbery. It's really just semantics, I think the decision was wrong but robbery is probably not the word.

Felder/Hooker is about as close as a fight can be. calling that a robbery is silly as fuck. I had it for Hooker by super thin margin and I have no preference for one over the other.

you aren't going to agree with every close decision. that is how it works. scoring is very subjective, especially on a first live viewing.
This

Just weird how jones lands less than Reyes, and that's why everyone is mad jones won. Now hooker lands more than Felder and everyone is mad he won lol. Sherdog "judging" is just as wonky and inconsistent as the commissions

Jones is from NY, Reyes is from California and the fight was in Texas.
So which one got the hometown decision again?

Or is it hometown and champions get the benefit? If that's the case then Jones should always fight in NY and he'll be unbeatable.

Nothing will be done until the fighters rise up and fight against the corruption that plagues MMA

Making judges accountable for the decisions they make would be a good start

Only way shit changes is if people stop watching and stop buying. Crying about fair and unfair doesn't matter. The only thing that brings change is if it hurts the bottom line $$$.

Back