Gastelum had Izzy rocked

Homervanderjaz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
And Izzy was back peddling to get away. If Gastelum can do this then Romero who hits like a truck certainly can. I just have a feeling this may be Romero’s time.

thoughts?

Hopefully Yoel knocks Israel out cold and then New York City firefighters and policemen who lost friends and co-workers on 9/11 pour into the ring and take turns soccer-kicking and stomping his unconscious body

That is why I cannot, at this time, put izzy up there with Anderson yet. Anderson never had wars with guys who are just overrated brawlers (kelvin) he put them away.

Izzy may have the clout from his kickboxing days but as soon as he stepped up comp he lost. His style is great for mma but he has gapping holes already showing themselves - namely poor defence and getting hit way too much by guys he should, in theory, be schooling and stopping.

And Izzy was back peddling to get away. If Gastelum can do this then Romero who hits like a truck certainly can. I just have a feeling this may be Romero’s time.

thoughts?
Gastelum is faster than Romero.

Gastelum is faster than Romero.
In some ways yes. But closing the distance and hand speed for one shot I have to give that to romero.

He moves slow but explodes extremely fast

That was a head kick. Yule is going to do it with flying knee.

Kelvin had that fight won if he didn't rush over to hold onto legs.

Of course Romero can do that, but he's pretty much capable of doing that to anyone at ay time. But I think Israel will be too crafty to get finished. I see him staying on the outside and win on points, he'll most likely be more cautious than against Gastelum for sure.

Now imagine what Conor 2.0 would do? Izzy thinks he is good striker but got totally clowned by 126 years old A.Silva

Hopefully Yoel knocks Israel out cold and then New York City firefighters and policemen who lost friends and co-workers on 9/11 pour into the ring and take turns soccer-kicking and stomping his unconscious body
Oh please!!! Save your fake outrage!!! We know you want Israel to lose lol. But don't act like it is for some righteous cause.

That is why I cannot, at this time, put izzy up there with Anderson yet. Anderson never had wars with guys who are just overrated brawlers (kelvin) he put them away.

Izzy may have the clout from his kickboxing days but as soon as he stepped up comp he lost. His style is great for mma but he has gapping holes already showing themselves - namely poor defence and getting hit way too much by guys he should, in theory, be schooling and stopping.

Adesanya is 18 fights (7 years) into his MMA career and is an undefeated UFC champ. At the same stage, Anderson had three losses, two by submission, to guys much worse than Kelvin.

Last edited:

thoughts?

This is EXACTLY what Robert Whittaker said before he got knocked. Exactly. Like word for word.

Here's the thing. Yoel Romero has power but subpar striking technique. Gastelum has really good boxing and used some fairly advanced techniques to get on the inside of Izzy. Yoel Romero does not have that same technical ability. HE won't be able to execute the stutter step Kelvin used or get Izzy's timing down.

Yoel will need to rely on surprise to land KO shot against Izzy.

This is just false. Adesanya has the second highest striking defense in the middle weight division. Roughly 70% of the shots thrown at him miss.

92BDCFEB-DDB8-4E68-A297-485442FF5FEE.jpeg

Oh please!!! Save your fake outrage!!! We know you want Israel to lose lol. But don't act like it is for some righteous cause.

Like I said in the other thread, I lost family on 9/11 so it's not fake outrage you liberal

That attribute level MMAth tho

Whitaker landed on him too

I want to see him beat romero, costa and till(if till keeps winning) before im convinced he can beat jones

Back