I believe that GSP retired because of leg injuries

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He says he burned out, etc etc. But look at this clip at 11:42 on the lead up to the Bisping fight. Because of his torn ACLs in both knees, GSP is walking like an old man.

A champion has to be an active fighter. An active fighter has to defend his title 1-3 times per year. I don't think GSP is capable of fighting that often. I think he can scientifically plan out 1 camp to not aggravate his knees and then fight at 80% of his potential, which is still good enough to be a champion for 1 fight.

GSP is probably physically unable to fight 95% of the time and the Bisping fight was once in a blue moon where his body was feeling OK. I think he's in the position that Dominic Cruz is in.

It was colitis.

gsp is the ufc goat.

he would have caved Anderson’s face in with elbows if they ever fought.

He's not as explosive as he was before, heck he had trouble taking Nick Diaz down. Still the P4P Goat even at his current state though.

He didn't have colitis for years before that and he hasn't had colitis for years after that. His knees were and are reconstructed on both time frames.
You didn’t hear?

aliens and government coverups made him stop competing.

He's not as explosive as he was before, heck he had trouble taking Nick Diaz down. Still the P4P Goat even at his current state though.
To me, it shows how fucking mentally unstoppable GSP is. His legs are so shot he can't fight. But he's still training as hard as he can for that 1% of the time where his body might let him. It allowed him to fight Bisping, and he took that opportunity and was champ again. He's in his late 30s, still training hard and just waiting, hoping that his body will let him fight for just 1 more fight. And when it does, he'll take that fight. I think we'll see GSP fight 1 more time and shock the world.

He's the definition of a dark horse waiting in the shadows.

He ate too much and got Colitis. Really bad luck. How do all these other obese fatties not get Colitis but the one guy that is supposed to defend against Whittaker or Romero? Really really bad luck for everyone.

He didn't have colitis for years before that and he hasn't had colitis for years after that. His knees were and are reconstructed on both time frames.
He got Colitis and couldn’t defend MW but he was just fine angling for a Mayweather or Conor fight LOL. He is the master of playing the game, I’ll give him that.

Yeah he clearly suffered from a ton of injuries most of his career.

Shows what a bad ass he really is.

Maybe if he was allowed to supplement like Jones, he would still be kicking ass today.

he retired at the ripe old age of 32 because he had been awarded the gift of a century against hendricks and realized the next gen of ww's would maul him and ruin his legacy so he quit the sport and went out on top because fans didnt realize how basic and pedestrian his competition was during his reign.

Yeah he clearly suffered from a ton of injuries most of his career.

Shows what a bad ass he really is.

Maybe if he was allowed to supplement like Jones, he would still be kicking ass today.
SnIwFtR.gif

If by “leg injuries” you mean ran out of natural lw n one dimensional ww to beat up n was ducking better competition?

sure it was “leg injuries”

GSP when asked to fight Anderson Silva

giphy_2.gif

It was colitis.

gsp is the ufc goat.

he would have caved Anderson’s face in with elbows if they ever fought.

No, I'm pretty sure he didn't develop that until he started force feeding himself to bulk up for the fight against Bisping.

He tapered down his career and phased himself out because of his mental health issues and he wanted to focus on being a parent.

Injuries did slow him down to a certain degree, but he had a long career against top competition. Slowing down at his age is a natural progression for any fighter that can afford to walk away.

No, I'm pretty sure he didn't develop that until he started force feeding himself to bulk up for the fight against Bisping.
Yeah, he bulked up from 190 to 195 and got Colitis. He won the lottery of bad luck lifetime gastrointestinal disease from gaining 5 pounds. Half the obese world is lucky they didn’t get GSP’s bad luck

He's had knee injuries in the past so I wouldn't doubt it. Prime GSP had sick power doubles.

Back