Why aren't top Featherweights fighting?

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
I realize that volk is injured and probably won't be back till July ish, but what are guys like Yair, zabit, Ortega, Max, and KZ doing? Hell, even emmet and moicano aren't fighting lately either.

Anyone else feel like it's the perfect time for them to have a mini tournament and the most impressive winner can face volk mid to late summer?

Last edited:
Zabit vs Ortega is being discussed. It's been public knowledge for quite some time. Ortega wants it to be 5 rounds so it's being negotiated.

Dana has stated that Volk vs Holloway 2 will be annouced very soon.

so.... Yair vs Zombie 2?

Max vs Volk rematch is the next title fight.

I realize that volk is injured and probably won't be back till July ish, but what are guys like Yair, zabit, Ortega, Max, and KZ doing?

Anyone else feel like it's the perfect time for them to have a mini tournament, and the most impressive winner can face volk mid summer?
So what you expect Max vs Yair & Zombie vs Zabit in April, winners fight in June, winner of that fights Volk in July?

Sounds perfectly realistic

Zabit better get a fight lined up before Ramadan kicks in late April. As you know, it lasts a whole month followed by Eid. So his next bout would be Fall.

5 rounds is what he needs, Abdulmanap stated he would train with him to help his cardio. But there is no card available for him to get a 5 rounder until May/Summer when he would be off for training camp.

My matchmaking;

Zabit vs Yair (when Yair was ducking him during his contract fiasco)

Ortega vs TKZ (once his eye heals up.)

Holloway vs Volkanovski

Emmett got injured in the lead-up to the Allen fight and I recall Moicano changing weight classes.

It's the same disease that has plagued lightweight for years. They're all holding out either for title shots or to maintain their ranking. Holloway is being pushed into an unwarranted rematch. Noone wants to fight chan sung Jung. Yair is a serial ducker. Zabit is too cowardly to fight in a main event. Ortega got hurt last minute. Featherweight is playing games. They need to make some fights yesterday. Holloway needs a fight. Book him against yair it kz. Book zabit vs Ortega. The grappling would be ungodly and filthy. No free lunches mfs gotta fight bruh. It's crazy I thought I was the only one frustrated by this. Bantamweight is the same too. Also mfs shouldn't wait for volkanovski's return. Just fucking bleed.

So what you expect Max vs Yair & Zombie vs Zabit in April, winners fight in June, winner of that fights Volk in July?

Sounds perfectly realistic

Yes.

Volk Isn't even sure he'll be ready for July. I expect a division with no clear top contender to be active while the champ is injured, but instead we have like 7 of the top 10 fighters doing nothing.

I'd like to see these guys fighting asap. April does make sense for a lot of them.

KZ is too busy being overlooked Again
He's got a real penchant for that. I was guilty of overlooking him too. He was always there but I just ignored him. But he's the best finisher in the division. Second most well rounded in that list (yes zabit has a more rounded skill set but he can't keep it up for more than 2 rounds), Seoul and Sydney/Canberra connection bruh its such an easy fight to make. Someone should lose their job for this.

Emmett got injured in the lead-up to the Allen fight and I recall Moicano changing weight classes.

Did Emmet get injured? I thought it was one of those mysterious pull outs with no reason cited.

He's got a real penchant for that. I was guilty of overlooking him too. He was always there but I just ignored him. But he's the best finisher in the division. Second most well rounded in that list (yes zabit has a more rounded skill set but he can't keep it up for more than 2 rounds), Seoul and Sydney/Canberra connection bruh its such an easy fight to make. Someone should lose their job for this.
He's 32 for crimes sake What a waste

I suspect Volkanovski is going to headline UFC 251 in Australia. Korean Zombie had eye surgery. Ortega was rehabbing the knee. Figure there should be some fights announced for April or May.

2 months ago....
Not accusing BEATDOWNS of anything here. But I think, deep down, all the people demanding the rematch or those who are so vehemently against max fighting another contender in the meantime, are worried that he'll lose. I fully expect "mAx iS a gReAt fIgHtEr. YoU'rE a HaTeR" responses... As if I'm not a max holloway fanboi myself. Long and short of it is. He fought two months ago. He lost. He needs to get off his ass and slap yair or Emmett or Allen or someone around... Preferably yair. And really really give them that work. If he loses its not the end of the world. Immediate rematch is dumb risky. If he loses he'll never be champ again. So war holloway please fuck up yair for us.
P. S. Your biggest fan.

He's 32 for crimes sake What a waste
People will always always always bring up the elbow too. Just give the man a title shot. I guarantee you and everyone on this forum, you pair those two they'll get on like a house on fire. It'll be a lit fight. Regardless of the outcome it'll shake shit up. If zombie wins the landscape changes. If he loses I guarantee he goes out like a boss and he becomes a star in defeat or gets his profile up. Like reyes. Dana white is playing games.

Back