How about Cerrone-Pettis rematch? I think great timing

AimedWithV

Double Yellow Card
@Silver
Reaction score
As you know/remember, Pettis made it look easy in their fight, kicking the liver out of Cerrone (who is still very open to body attacks).

Today, Cerrone is ranked much higher, while Pettis just lost to Diego Ferreira and is unranked in any division.
But both of them on clear clear decline

What do you think? What will the outcome be this time?

8f549655bfd9218dfd3eb362e25630db.gif

Would rather see Barboza-Cerrone Rematch at LW.

Edson said on Instagram he’s down for any matchup at 170, 155, or 145.

Pettis would smoke cowboy again.

I like it, I'd also like to see Cowboy vs Maia at 170lbs....

2 things- Diego would beat cerrone too( likely finish or a one sided 15 minnies) and Pettis ( if he just stays at 155) can still attain a top 15 standing where as I see the end of the proverbial rainbow in sight for Donald. I wouldnt mind re match but I see Anthony having his way again. Pettis has put on that mileage too so I'd like to monitor his performances - moving forward.

They both have a shit ton of mileage and they looked it over the last few outings. The first fight was in 2013 back when Pettis was on a Hoganesque LW GOAT run

I'd say it's a good idea preferably at 155 but I'm not sure either guy wants to keep cutting the weight, especially since they each have a less than zero chance of making a legit run at LW atm.

I mean neither guy needs to be getting smashed by some hungry young fighter on the rise so why not run it back for WEC old time sake

Cowboy could just bully him with grappling if he wanted to, but if he decides to have a kickboxing match then Pettis has a chance.

I think at this point Pettis should only be in custom made pure striking matchups, tired of seeing him get abused.

Would rather see Barboza-Cerrone Rematch at LW.

Edson said on Instagram he’s down for any matchup at 170, 155, or 145.

Barboza already trying to leave 145 before he even made weight once. I like Cerrone vs Pettis 2, they both never will be champion so whatever.

Cowboy could just bully him with grappling if he wanted to, but if he decides to have a kickboxing match then Pettis has a chance.

I think at this point Pettis should only be in custom made pure striking matchups, tired of seeing him get abused.

{<jordan}

I don't think it's necessary to revisit this fight granted both men are on a slide and I can make this rematch slide too.

Why? Pettis murders him (again) unless he goes Mr. Glass. People seem to forget how easily Showtime was piecing up Nate before he broke stuff.

Why? Pettis murders him (again) unless he goes Mr. Glass. People seem to forget how easily Showtime was piecing up Nate before he broke stuff.

What are you talking about? Pettis landed some counters until Diaz adjusted his phone booth game. In the beginning of the first round.
And he still kicked and punched him through all the fight, so I don't know what was so badly broken there...

No... would rather see both guys fight lower level guys for a bit, they have both been fighting absolute killers for about 10 years now.
Give Pettis a fight with Scott Holtzman or Nick Lentz
Give Cerrone a fight with James Vick or Dunham/Johnson winner

Back