Paddy Pimblett Could Have Gotten PAIDDDD

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Seeing the story on the front page made me remember him again. I remember he was a hot prospect with just one lost years ago. He was young, explosive, and was good with the mic. There was a point where his CW contract was up and there was talk that the UFC wanted him to sign with them but he decided against it. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure he lost his next fight after signing his contract. I realize he's still young but he was making headlines not he's faded away.

Seeing the story on the front page made me remember him again. I remember he was a hot prospect with just one lost years ago. He was young, explosive, and was good with the mic. There was a point where his CW contract was up and there was talk that the UFC wanted him to sign with them but he decided against it. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure he lost his next fight after signing his contract. I realize he's still young but he was making headlines not he's faded away.

So he lost money because he did not choose Conor's path, eh?

He didn't want to play no second fiddle to Darren Till.

He's a better prospect if you don't watch his fights.
If you do watch his fights, he's not very good.

Yeah, that was absolutely ridiculous. Dude thinks he's going to get to main event a UFC card coming straight from Cage Rage?

Even Conor didn't get to do that.

Basically this. He's a punching bag with a decent submission game.

the UFC doesnt pay shit for the first 2 fights. 3000 show 3000 win money

Imo Mason Jones is the best current CW prospect now Herbert has signed for the UFC. Hopefully they fight for the vacant title after their current fights and Jones beats him up.

Idr which one it was but I remember watching him getting dominated then pulled off the sub. Kinda showed the hype wasn't real.

Yea he has been exposed by now. I don't think he is UFC worthy.

By not signing with the UFC?

He didn't want to sign unless he was the main event in his first fight.

I’m on holiday May 27th. I’m in Mexico, I’m not that arsed to be fair, about the UFC in Liverpool. I’ve headlined shows there twice and I just fought there the other week. It’s great for UK MMA and great for Liverpool, but the show is for Darren [Till]. Darren can have his show, I’m good — I’ll have my own one in September.

You’ve seen the Cage Warriors shows when I’m on there and you’ve seen the one when I wasn’t on there — when Chris Fishgold beat Alex Jacobsen — and it just wasn’t the same. And [UFC Liverpool] won’t be, I wouldn’t play second fiddle to anyone, never mind Darren. I know Darren, he’s sound, but I wouldn’t play second fiddle to anyone.

Whenever we see each other we talk to each other. One of his coaches is the Thai coach in our gym. He’s a sound lad, I’ve talked to him a good few times, I’ll always support him and I hope he knocks out whoever he’s fighting.

It’s his show. They’re going to Liverpool for Darren Till to be main event, so leave his show to him. I’m not fighting on anyone’s under-card.

Fuck yas

Fuck all a yas

The ufc ask me about paddy pimblett

they ask me about a m8 from liverpool

ask me about signing 'im

I said i DONT CARE ABOUT PADDY PIMBLETT.

i DONT CARE ABOUT LIVERPOOL

I DONT EVEN CARE ABOUT ENGLAND

PEOPLE ASK ME ABOUT MY LAST FIGHT WITH KELVIN AND I DONT CARE ABOUT MY LAST FIGHT WITH KELVIN

I JUST DONT CARE

ALL I CARE ABOUT IS WINNING!

Idr which one it was but I remember watching him getting dominated then pulled off the sub. Kinda showed the hype wasn't real.

He's good on the ground no doubt but his stand up is terrible and so is his wrestling.
Didn't he keep missing weight too?

He still has a chance I guess, I forgot how young he was. He's still only 25 but if he'd signed with the UFC when there was talk about it, he'd have been destroyed and cut.

That's idiotic.
Conor wasn't even on the main card of his debut, and everyone talked only about him afterwards

Yeah, it's usually only established names like Mousasi, Gomi, Overeem, Rockhold, Gaethje etc that get to headline their first UFC card, aside from the odd really late injury replacement situation like Soto and Latifi.

Obviously Paddy does not belong in that list of names.

Wtf

whose he think he is lol

Hey, at the time he'd just come off a big decision win against Juicy J Julian Erosa, if that doesn't get you a main event then I don't know what does.

Yeah, it's usually only established names like Mousasi, Gomi, Overeem, Rockhold, Gaethje etc that get to headline their first UFC card, aside from the odd really late injury replacement situation like Soto and Latifi.

Obviously Paddy does not belong in that list of names.

He also doesn't belong to the list of names that can manage their own careers, seems so...

Back