FIghters who are likely to retire this year.

HHJ

Herbs to Curbs
@plutonium
Reaction score
Fedor Emelianenko - 43 years old - Other than a 3 yr period between '12 and '15 Fedor has been in the game 20 yrs,and he himself has said he wants 2 more fights. They could both happen this year,as he seems to fight twice a year anyway.

Daniel Cormier - 40 years old - Khabib mentioned that he and Javier and the AKA guys want DC to retire,going into the 2nd fight with Stipe,and that DC is havin a hard time with it. Still,he doesnt have many options,especially considering Stipe doesnt appear to want to fight him,although money talks.

What say you?

Donald Cerrone. I don't think he has anything left. When a fighter gets to that stage they usually fight for another 10 years though.

BTW,dont feed the trolls.stay on topic.

Donald Cerrone. I don't think he has anything left. When a fighter gets to that stage they usually fight for another 10 years though.
His mind probably doesnt wanna stop but his body is probably like OMG JESUS PLEASE

Gustaffson, probably twice this year at least.

Shogun
I think Anderson has one more fight in Brazil and calls it a career
Rockhold officially
Maybe Maia

Not Diego Sanchez!

I think he should have retired before fighting Iaquinta.

Arlovski needs to.
He wont stop until the UFC cuts him. Reem too. They been around so long that they make alot of money per fight. Too hard to quit when your making that bank.

Arlovski, Fedor, Romero, Teixeira, Rua, Lawler, Cerrone, Stephens, Cormier. To name a few.

Andrei's only actually been stopped twice in his last 10 fights, I'm not that worried about him at this point. His chin seems to somehow be better than it used to be.

Arlovski, Fedor, Romero, Teixeira, Rua, Lawler, Cerrone, Stephens. To name a few.
Romero aint goin nowhere i dont think. That guy looks like he has 20 fights left in him,provided they arent all like the Whittaker fights. I dont see Stephens leaving that soon either. Lawler and Cerrone prob will come back when they get bored.

Oh and unfortunately I have a feeling Cruz is going to tear something else training for a comeback fight and retire. Hope I'm wrong about that one.

I would say Faber, but he might hang around another year in the faint hope of getting a Dillashaw fight.

Oh and unfortunately I have a feeling Cruz is going to tear something else training for a comeback fight and retire. Hope I'm wrong about that one.

I would say Faber, but he might hang around another year in the faint hope of getting a Dillashaw fight.
Faber should def try and get that one. Boy he is going to trigger Teej mightily with the EPO schenanigans

Romero aint goin nowhere i dont think. That guy looks like he has 20 fights left in him,provided they arent all like the Whittaker fights. I dont see Stephens leaving either.
I fear this year, time will catch up with Yoel. Adesanya being the first nail in the coffin.

Back