Chael P. Sonnen Defends Diego Sanchez

BlameTheMedia

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

cliffs:
- Dana doesn't judge people who chose not to fight after being hit by an illegal shot
- Only 1 person who was severely hit by an illegal shot has won by continuing the fight.
- Diego should have never been asked if he wanted to continue to fight

Chael is trying to excel his commentary career and trying to mimic stephen a smith by having unpopular and bold opinions

If Chael P. Sonnen of all people was to admonish someone for being liberal with the rule set then it be a touch hypocritical... To say the least.

Last edited:
The fix is in. Fabio is in the boys club...

but did he comment on Diego's superhuman defensive skills? I mean the guy only got hit 4 times the whole fight according to coach.

Well, Chael knows a lot about quitting, so.....

Who's the 1 who won his fight after the illegal hit? I can instantly think of a couple that continued to lose their fights like Rivera vs Bisping. I don't count Koscheck vs Daley or Rumble bc he faked those lom

cliffs:
- Dana doesn't judge people who chose not to fight after being hit by an illegal shot
- Only 1 person who was severely hit by an illegal shot has won by continuing the fight.

WOAH you could have warned me that Steven A Smith was gonna fuckin pop up at the end of that clip brah

If you don't want to lose by DQ, control your weapons at all times. If quitting after taking serious damage from illegal techniques becomes the new standard, the reckless and the cheaters will have to adjust.

Thank you including the middle initial P or I wouldn't know which Chael Sonnen you were talking about.

I don't blame Sanchez, it sucks because it robbed Pereira of a clear win, but the dude did cheat and it wasn't really an accident...

I didn't see the fight but read the PbP. Diego was losing and had little chance of winning. He had ZERO chance of winning after getting KO'd by what I am to believe was a BLATANTLY illegal knee so why should he continue. He also shouldn't be asked if he wants to continue as it is up to the Dr and refs to protect him from even himself. Pereira is an idiot for expecting no consequence for his actions.

Chael is trying to excel his commentary career and trying to mimic stephen a smith by having unpopular and bold opinions

It's plain fucked up that Chael's opinion here is unpopular. Blaming the person who's fouled for following the rules. Disgusting and shameless.

1) interesting number if true, not sure if I trust Chael
2) I had the same thought during the fight. If the shot was severe, how could you trust the opinion of the guy just got his brain scrambled? It's a little bit different from an eye poke or a groin kick. Not sure what the actual rules are around an illegal knee or kick specifically

Back