Media Tai Tuivasa Training at AKA (Bonus Khabib Training Footage)

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Looks like Bam Bam has made a very smart move and began training with the brute wrasslers at AKA. How do you guise think this will improve his performance?

@1:30

Tuivasa is one loss away from fighting Maori bouncers in Melbourne for $500 so it's a good job he's over in a proper camp training, he needs to stay there and not fight again until Winter.

Not sure, but I bet a lot more of AKA will be drinking beer from their shoes.

Love Tai, but the great things about his personality that makes him so likeable and charming is also what are his weaknesses as a fighter: Easy-going and fun-loving translates into not taking things serious enough. Don't think he will ever have what it takes to become truly disciplined enough to train enough to become really good. Still love the guy.

Last edited:
His grappling is so god-awful it's hard to see how much better he can get if he is this dogshit at it at this stage of his career. But this will definitely help though. Hopefully he is going to live there for a while.

Anything to improve his wrestling is a good move.

He should start doing shoey's out of wrestling shoes.

His grappling is so god-awful it's hard to see how much better he can get if he is this dogshit at it at this stage of his career. But this will definitely help though. Hopefully he is going to live there for a while.
It really is, but hopefully he takes some time before accepting another fight. He's naturally athletic and he's definitely at the right spot to improve his wrestling, so we'll see.

Tuivasa is one loss away from fighting Maori bouncers in Melbourne for $500 so it's a good job he's over in a proper camp training, he needs to stay there and not fight again until Winter.
Yeah, but he's simultaneously two wins away from a title shot, so I'm excited to see how this plays out.

This is a surprizing move. Unless it changed recently, Justin Willis trains at AKA and they are mortal ennemies.

Imagine Khabib's face when Tuivasa offers him a drink out of his shoe
Khabibs real time reaction:

giphy.gif

He honestly needs to work on the tire around his midsection. I think he wins his past two fights with better cardio, especially the Ivanov scrap.

This is a surprizing move. Unless it changed recently, Justin Willis trains at AKA and they are mortal ennemies.
That's a very good point, I wonder how's that working out.

Nothing a few buckets of Popeyes and cases of beer can't fix.

I thought he had beef with Justin Willis, or did they squash it?

honestly I dont trust those Samoan fighters trained by mark hunt. Hunt is is a legned but his UFC record is just abysmal.

honestly I dont trust those Samoan fighters trained by mark hunt. Hunt is is a legned but his UFC record is just abysmal.

lol it was probably Hunt who told Tai to get himself into a legit camp where he can evolve his game.

Back