A level athletes? What about A level natural ability?

Fedor5723

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
In an old boxing book Natural Fight Ability was called Killer Instinct, Power, Chin and Heart. This is severely overlooked on here. I feel a guy with A level natural ability would destroy an A level athlete without it but that's just me. People talk about Lebron dominating MMA but if he lacks these things he wouldn't make it out of the amateurs. Anderson Silva was a perfect blend of both. But what fighters do you think had the best NA?

Ngannou would donkey kong Lebron all day, fighting and jumping high have very little in common, if your chin sucks and you have no heart, then no amount of athletic abilility is gonna make you a champ, not even in the HW division, guys like ngannou were built for punching, while Lebron was built for jumping, end of story

Yeah you're right, I don't disagree with what you said. Being a great athlete is only one small aspect of fighting, it helps to be a good athlete but you many many many many things to go far and be a champ.

Fighting is complex, you need a lot of different attributes and a huge part is a strong mentality, you need a very good chin if you really want to go far too, fight IQ, heart, cardio. There are actually a lot of good athletes who try fighting, but they never ever turn pro, because they can't take it

Well we've seen the A level athlete get destroyed numerous times by the born fighter. So you're not wrong.

You are correct but is is something that can be taught. Dont mistake that.

Khabib didn't come out of the womb with that mentality. He was taught it. Same goes for every fighter out there they were taught to be that way.

Hendo and Shogun are the personification of this. And we all saw what happened when you put them in a cage with eachother lol

With all this being said, for my money Eliud Kipchoge is the most A-level athlete in the history of mankind, but he'd be absolutely crushed on the amateur MMA-scene. Athletic ability comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities and the greatest marathoner to ever do it (that would be Kipchoge) doesn't have any relevant skills for MMA.

It is ridiculous athletic ability to those skills that translate well into fighting. It does a lot of absolute monsters within a variety of fields a huge disservice.

Hendo and Shogun are the personification of this. And we all saw what happened when you put them in a cage with eachother lol

Underrated post. GOAT fight. Some dudes just have it, and it has nothing to do with how high you jump or how fast you run.

As much as I think Jones is a POS cheater, he's a good example of someone with both. He's a paid serial killer with some freakish athletic ability.

Define what an A level athlete is.
Most people here seem to think it's an NFL or NBA player which is a ridiculous definition.

In boxing or MMA there a lot more factors than being in the best physical condition.

I bet if you did strength, stamina, power, athleticism tests on Cowboy and Conor it would be Cowboy who came out on top in all the tests but we know how that turned out.

you need both. Hard work and grit only get you so far. You need superior genetics too.

People get the two mixed up and assume that A level athleticism equates to A level natural ability. Obviously you need to have some degree of athleticism to learn fighting techniques, but saying that a football player could EASILY learn striking and grappling arts is a big and inaccurate assumption. Schaub and Mitrione learned certain techniques but the fact that neither guy can kick is quite telling. If you're so above and beyond in athleticism, then why can't you throw a proper BASIC kick? In Mitrione's case even his BJJ isn't great, which begs the question why aren't you LEAPS and BOUNDS better? It's a different skill set that's why.

Define what an A level athlete is.
Most people here seem to think it's an NFL or NBA player which is a ridiculous definition.

In boxing or MMA there a lot more factors than being in the best physical condition.

I bet if you did strength, stamina, power, athleticism tests on Cowboy and Conor it would be Cowboy who came out on top in all the tests but we know how that turned out.
Conor is more athletic imo. The way he moves etc. Power too. Strength would go to cerrone but speed, athleticism and pop? Did you see that fight bruh?

Blowjob Penn, gastelum, Holloway, Tony, jorge, rose, roxanne, nunes, Poirier and bisping.

Wandelei was the human embodiment of killer instinct.
Fy9PU2B.gif

In an old boxing book Natural Fight Ability was called Killer Instinct, Power, Chin and Heart. This is severely overlooked on here. I feel a guy with A level natural ability would destroy an A level athlete without it but that's just me. People talk about Lebron dominating MMA but if he lacks these things he wouldn't make it out of the amateurs. Anderson Silva was a perfect blend of both. But what fighters do you think had the best NA?
<Huh2>

Back