Let's talk about all time rankings AFTER the fighters career is over, not while they're active.

cookdaddy

OG of OG's
@Brown
Reaction score
It annoys me to no end to see thread after thread talking about 'whos GOAT' or 'where does so and so rank all time' when the fighter is still active. Remember a guy named Renan Barao? He was talked about as a GOAT and look at him now. So let's pump the brakes and let the fighters finish theircareers before we start the GOAT talk. That is all.

That is a reasonable request.

This is Sherdog though. "Reasonable" is not really a commonly practiced philosophy here.

GOAT threads are half the threads.

Are you trying to kill Sherdog?

I think it's fair to discuss while fighters careers are going as long as people are doing an apples to apples comparison. What I mean by that is don't compare fights in which guys that are clearly in their primes or are still improving to fights where guys that have had much longer careers and have declined.

No comparing post prime fights to fighters that are still in their primes or improving cause eventually they will be passed their best too.

When one's greatness is undeniable there's no point in waiting.

Nice try. Isn't it time for a generic Conor is the GOAT thread? Its been a day.

Or, "I watched *fight* again and..." "I rewatched *fight* and..."

It annoys me to no end to see thread after thread talking about 'whos GOAT' or 'where does so and so rank all time' when the fighter is still active. Remember a guy named Renan Barao? He was talked about as a GOAT and look at him now. So let's pump the brakes and let the fighters finish theircareers before we start the GOAT talk. That is all.

You make a good point about Renan.

Time is a bitch and most people forget legends as soon as they retire.
Nobody ever mention Vovchanchin in the GOAT conversation when the man won plenty of one night tournament made finals in the first Pride Grand Prix etc

No one retires in MMA until they are dead. Who are we discussing here?

I think i stopped clicking on GOAT Threads a couple years ago. Ppl just go full retard in those threads. No need to ever click on them IMO.

Erick Silva has a long way to go then. He's too new and young to the game., but he's definitely a prospect.

Agree. It's like they talk about active players in other sports as to whether are they HOF worthy. Speak on it when their entire body of work is completed.

Barao never really beat anyone of note...he was supremely overhyped...and he was exposed...

...So let's pump the brakes and let the fighters finish theircareers before we start the GOAT talk. That is all.

Sorry man, this is Sherdog, we gotta have our GOAT of the week.
If a champion won a title fight over the weekend he's clearly the GOAT.

Let's talk about all time rankings...
giphy.gif

AGREED

Back