Fighters that should never fight again ...

GEMMAYUI

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
for me, all of the listed fighters, because of the cumulative damage taken across their career, should not be sanctioned to continue fighting. I understand why they do it; some do it for money, and some because they are foolish enough to believe they still have a legitimate chance at being a contender or, worse still, a champion. The fact is, unless they need the money, and even this is not good enough reason, they should not be permitted to fight any longer, and its only a matter of time before one of these fighters collapses in the ring, and doesn't get up the same

Diego
Shogun
Anderson Silva
Penn
Wyman
Dos Santos
Wediman
Rockhold
Arlovski
Overeem
Little Nog
Diaz
Fedor
Faber (reently returned and got pulverised by Petr Yan)
Rashad (talked recently about returning)

It's none of my business. Too many things to consider, like feeding your kids or trying to set up your family financially for me to even attempt to say someone should retire or not. It really is none of our business. Do the commissions do a great job with this kind of stuff? I doubt it, but I don't know how thorough the testing is. Should their be a panel of UFC employees (since commissions aren't reliable imo) that deals with this exact thing..maybe. Should changes be made? Probably. Do I work for the commission or the UFC? Nope.

Last edited:
No CM Punk? Pfft.

SyChQfM.gif

Add rampage and tito

It's up to them, who are we to tell them they can't do something they like and pays them extremely well anymore.

They'd be able to get sanctioned somewhere, anyway.

for me, all of the listed fighters, because of the cumulative damage taken across their career, should not be sanctioned to continue fighting. I understand why they do it; some do it for money, and some because they are foolish enough to believe they still have a legitimate chance at being a contender or, worse still, a champion. The fact is, unless they need the money, and even this is not good enough reason, they should not be permitted to fight any longer, and its only a matter of time before one of these fighters collapses in the ring, and doesn't get up the same

Diego
Shogun
Anderson Silva
Penn
Wyman
Dos Santos
Wediman
Rockhold
Arlovski
Overeem
Little Nog
Diaz
Fedor
Don't forget Bigfoot. He's gonna die in the cage or ring if he keeps fighting.

That what's his name from Jersey....oh yea, Frankie Edgar.

I say TS is never allowed to make another thread.

<DisgustingHHH>

Diego
Shogun
Anderson Silva
Penn
Wyman
Dos Santos
Wediman
Rockhold
Arlovski
Overeem
Little Nog
Diaz
Fedor

theres a couple of there that I don't agree with, but the rest of them Im with you. Sometines fighters need to be protected from themselves. And when you hit 40 the hits hurt much more and have a lasting effect. I can confirm this through personal experience

Diego
Shogun
Anderson Silva
Penn
Wyman
Dos Santos
Wediman
Rockhold
Arlovski
Overeem
Little Nog
Diaz
Fedor

I wonder what your standard is. Rockhold has been finished four times, Silva fewer than that. There are fighters with many more T/KO losses whom you don't include. Two of the most obvious are probably Donald Cerrone and Stefan Struve.

Don't forget Bigfoot. He's gonna die in the cage or ring if he keeps fighting.
Dead-on. If we're talking fighters who are actually at risk of any kind of immediate, high-impact brain injury, it's an old, slow heavyweight who's consistently being knocked-out by other giants. (I think he's been ko/tko'd 10 out of his last dozen or so fights)

Back