Floyd talks about how little he trained for Conor

whitebelt4life

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I don't think this has been posted here, but it's a recent interview with Floyd:

In a recent interview, Mayweather claimed that he did not really prepare for his fight against the Irish fighter during their bout in 2017. The 42-year old claimed that he didn’t train vigorously as their crossover fight is approaching.

”You know, actually, when I was getting ready for McGregor, for Conor McGregor I didn’t really train,” Mayweather said in the interview transcribed by MMA Mania. “All I did was just push-ups and sit-ups. That’s all I did.”

“Push-ups and sit-ups, boxed a few times, hit the bag few times,” he shared. “Training camp was in different places. I would do training camp in Vegas a few days. Sometimes I wouldn’t go to the gym for a week.”

Source:
https://www.ibtimes.com/floyd-maywe...ain-conor-mcgregor-ahead-boxing-fight-2923563

He looked to be in fucking terrific shape though so those pushups and situps must've done wonders

huge conor fan but hes the Definition of a Panic wrestler

giphy.gif

he was in his club doing interviews with ariel a few days before his fight at 5 am in the morning

I don't think this has been posted here, but it's a recent interview with Floyd:

In a recent interview, Mayweather claimed that he did not really prepare for his fight against the Irish fighter during their bout in 2017. The 42-year old claimed that he didn’t train vigorously as their crossover fight is approaching.

”You know, actually, when I was getting ready for McGregor, for Conor McGregor I didn’t really train,” Mayweather said in the interview transcribed by MMA Mania. “All I did was just push-ups and sit-ups. That’s all I did.”

“Push-ups and sit-ups, boxed a few times, hit the bag few times,” he shared. “Training camp was in different places. I would do training camp in Vegas a few days. Sometimes I wouldn’t go to the gym for a week.”

Source:
https://www.ibtimes.com/floyd-maywe...ain-conor-mcgregor-ahead-boxing-fight-2923563
Take it with a grain of salt.. can’t really believe what he says. He may be saying it because he wasn’t able to dominate Conor bell to bell like most believed he would

The casuals in here don't understand that Floyd treats his body like a temple and is literally in top shape regardless of whether he has a fight or not.

What form of boxing training would he need to do against a first-time like McGregor?

right.. just like he didn't use any illegal IV's before the Manny fight

I wonder how much road work he did...usually he's known for doing a lot of running.

I believe it. Why would Floyd have anything to worry about boxing an MMA fighter? If anything he carried the fight as long as he could

Source:
Teue story: any solid wrestler in the top50 of Floyd's weight class could play video games as their training and still sub that little fella inside 2 minutes.

Floyd's concept of "not training" is probably a lot different from most fighters. He's always in shape.

lmao truth be told Floyd was less worried about Conor beating him than most of the boxing fans who knew their sport woulda been fucked if Conor won.

Teue story: any solid wrestler in the top50 of Floyd's weight class could play video games as their training and still sub that little fella inside 2 minutes.

conor was a boxer, he is a boxer and he still Trains boxing

big difference

50-1 Conor makes adjustments in the rematch, no way Floyd can take that left hand a second time

conor was a boxer, he is a boxer and he still Trains boxing

big difference
Conor is no boxer. Conor is a mixed martial artist.

I've seen Floyd hug numerous guys so I guess he is also a mixed martial artist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back