What are your all time HW rankings?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I only count fighters from 2000ish onwards because it's just a different sport before that. I have:

1) Fedor
2) Stipe
3) Cain
4) JDS
5) Big Nog
6) Sylvia
7) Lesnar
8) Mir
9) Cro Cop
10) Randy

Depends on if it's based on legacy, or based on prime vs prime.

Fedor
Werdum
Big Nog
Stipe
JDS
Cain

Cro Cop, Randy, Timmy, Mir, DC, Barnett, Sergei, maybe Bork all deserve mentions

Fedor
Stipe
DC
Werdum
Big Nog
Cain
Reem
JDS
Mir
Randy Jo

My top 5 picks:

Fedor
Stipe
Werdum
Big Nog
Cain

others are:

Crocop, Barnett, JDS, Overeem, DC, Big Timmeh

Both Coleman and Vovchanchyn deserve to be mentioned aswell.

Anyone that doesn't have Big Nog as #2 loses respect from me

Fedor
Nog
Stipe
Werdum

Are my top 4

I only count fighters from 2000ish onwards because it's just a different sport before that. I have:

1) Fedor
2) Stipe
3) Cain
4) JDS
5) Big Nog
6) Sylvia
7) Lesnar
8) Mir
9) Cro Cop
10) Randy
Sylvia before Arlovski irks me to see.

1) Fedor
2) Stipe
3) Cain
4) JDS
5) Big Nog
6) Sylvia
7) Lesnar
8) Mir
9) Cro Cop
10) Randy
The fuck? No DC, is this a troll post? He's undeniably top 5, I'd argue top 3.

Fedor
Stipe
Big nog
Jds
DC

The fuck? No DC, is this a troll post? He's undeniably top 5, I'd argue top 3.

Wrong. If DC would have stayed at HW and was successful then yes but he dropped down to LHW instead.

DC has wins over Stipe, Mir, Barnett but that's it. He won the Grand Prix and became UFC HW champ but that's not enough to warrant a top 3 spot let alone a top 5 spot. If he would have stayed at HW he would definitely be top 3 imo but he didn't

If you use the "relative to peers" standard:

1. Fedor
2. Nog
3. Stipe
4. Werdum
5. JDS

I think Fedor and Nog in the top two spots are locks (modern fans generally don't remember or know how dominant Nog was in the days of Pride and Rings before that.

After that it gets messy with a number of reasonable options for the 3-5 slots, and even in the next tier down (6-10) it's messy.

1. Fedor
2. Big Nog
3. Werdum
4. Stipe
5. JDS
6. Cain
7. Barnett
8. Sylvia
9. Cro Cop
10. Overeem

IMO the top 5 is easy(though Werdum and Stipe are close to interchangeable) once you get passed them it gets difficult to rank 6-10.

DC didn't make my top 10 due to lack of HW fights against top level guys same for Couture since they both split time between HW and LHW.

Last edited:
Wrong. If DC would have stayed at HW and was successful then yes but he dropped down to LHW instead.

DC has wins over Stipe, Mir, Barnett but that's it. He won the Grand Prix and became UFC HW champ but that's not enough to warrant a top 3 spot let alone a top 5 spot. If he would have stayed at HW he would definitely be top 3 imo but he didn't

Strikeforce Bigfoot right after fedor fight
Blackbeast ranked top guy regardless of what we think
Roy nelson back when he was knocking out top 10 guys

Thats 6-1 at hw vs top 10 guys
1 loss at hw to the current champ losing 3 maybe 4 rounds max against all of them
Easily top 10

Back