I know I'm probably in the minority here but I'm in favor of Jan getting Titleshot.

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
When I really think about. And I really don't have time to be thinking about this bullshit. But I do anyway.

Two of the guys Jan koed on his 3 fight streak were lined up to get titleshot had they beat him. Sure people can say Luke and Jacare were making their 205 debut and were in a bit of a slump. But Corey was on a 4 fight streak with plenty of momentum.

Not to mention Reyes got his shot after beating a very much worn down Chris Weidman who was making his debut at 205. Now I believe Reyes is a better fighter, he's earned his rematch and I'm sure he will get it. But Jan arguably has better wins and at 36 I believe he's earned it to be next up. POLISH POWER!!!

There was a poll in a thread yesterday that I saw. A large percentage said they’d like to see Jan get the next shot. So definitely not a minority opinion according to that poll.

That’s what I’d like. It’ll give Reyes a few more months to work on his cardio.

Your logic is sound.
I support it.
Lets see less immediate rematches and more division movement. Reyes can get the next shot after Jan , or can be first on line if injuries or whatever delay Jan.

Im for it too.

Jon does better in rematches so there’s no point too see him fight Reyes again unless you want to see Jon finish him.

Jan should be next.

Yes let’s somebody else get the chance.There can always be a rematch further down the line.

Jan makes sense for the next one, given the fact that he didn't even break a sweat the other night. Hopefully they can get that one on the June ppv. Give Reyes time to get ready, given the fact that getting back in there with Jon when he has five rounds of dance time with you gives him a distinct advantage that he didn't have the first time around.

No it isnt.

Look,the Reyes and Santos fight were all more than what we thought they would be. So lets see what Jan's got
Pretty much this. At this point we can't look past anyone when pitted against Jon. Even Ed Herman could wind up making it close.

That was a lie, but the point is rock solid.

I'd agree if Jones hadn't just had two controversial fights & instead of rematches is chasing what many feel is the easier option. However whilst waiting for the Reyes & Santos rematches Yan is the best other option in a limited division.

Who else is there other than Jan

giphy.gif

Jan titleshot is such a waste of main event

Even if it does turn out to be the one-sided beatdown that many expect it to be, Blachowicz beat the people he needed to beat in order to earn his shot at the title.

If the logic behind title shots was to only give a shot to the people who would make the fight interesting, guys like St. Pierre and Demetrius Johnson would never have had to defend their belts.

4OYUrvo.gif

When I really think about. And I really don't have time to be thinking about this bullshit. But I do anyway.

Two of the guys Jan koed on his 3 fight streak were lined up to get titleshot had they beat him. Sure people can say Luke and Jacare were making their 205 debut and were in a bit of a slump. But Corey was on a 4 fight streak with plenty of momentum.

Not to mention Reyes got his shot after beating a very much worn down Chris Weidman who was making his debut at 205. Now I believe Reyes is a better fighter, he's earned his rematch and I'm sure he will get it. But Jan arguably has better wins and at 36 I believe he's earned it to be next up. POLISH POWER!!!

I think youve got to have the Reyes rematch first.

After that I agree Jan has put himself in the conversation.

Back