Fighters who are good off their back and good top control?

Fedor5723

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Any fighters who are extremely comfortable on their back and have a great top game. Fighters who don't have bjj, judo, sambo or catch wrestling bases. Wrestling base is fine.
Ex. I forgot about Luke Rockhold.

You’ve excluded a lot of fighters with your criteria.
Chuck? Could do a job on top when needed and when on bottom was very good at getting back up. Not a guard player though.

Cerrone? Technically doesn’t have a BJJ base.

Meisha Tate's good on her back.

Somehow I'm having a hard time understanding your post. Everyone currently in the UFC has one of the arts in OP in their arsenal.

Uhh I guess most people would consider Mighty Mouse a wrestler, although he also has great BJJ, and he has a good top and bottom game

Urijah-Faber-WEC-38-450x260.jpg

Alexey Olyinik, he is a master at both

Somehow I'm having a hard time understanding your post. Everyone currently in the UFC has one of the arts in OP in their arsenal.

Uhh I guess most people would consider Mighty Mouse a wrestler, although he also has great BJJ, and he has a good top and bottom game
Yeah this is fucking stupid. Werdum was the first to come to mind at being good at both

Fighters who are comfortable on the ground but don't have grappling bases.

I feel like this post was designed to result in everyone saying Tony Ferguson.
Tony Ferguson is a black belt in 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu under Eddie Bravo

He was also a wrestler, my post was a straight-up fail.
No the OP is a fail. Everyone at this level is cross-trained. Maybe to answer this question you have to go back to the first few UFCs or the local circuit

Any fighters who are extremely comfortable on their back and have a great top game. Fighters who don't have bjj, judo, sambo or catch wrestling bases. Wrestling base is fine.
Ex. I forgot about Luke Rockhold.

Why make such limiting criteria? It's not like there are a lot of fighters that have great top games and are very good off their backs to begin with.

Chael Sonnen.

Undefeated in both positions.

Why make such limiting criteria? It's not like there are a lot of fighters that have great top games and are very good off their backs to begin with.
I didn't want the list to end up being a bjj thread instead of mma

Back