There are two main opinions on the Diego situtation. Both of them are correct!

LastBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Some people say Diego was a coward for taking the DQ win and others say it was the right decision for Diego to make.

I can completely understand both sides and i actually agree with both sides, which is a rare thing.

In my opinion Diego just made the right business decision, he may have won 100k on top of his show money. A 100k is a sum of money that 99% of sherdoggers will never be able to call their own or ever see. And how can you blame him for taking that extra money?? The dude has a kid and stuff like that, all of us would take that money over honor you get for 2 days on the internet, no? If you say otherwise, there is a very high possibility that you are lying.

On the other hand, yes, Diego was very cowardice, and not only at the end, but from the first bell of the fight. I have never seen any fighter fight so timid, let me tell you that. His weird "Stop! Dont come at me"-stance was weird from the get go and it was clear Diego was afraid of that guy. It was even clear before the fight when he said that he wont fight him if misses weight.

so yeah, there is no point to argue about it, both opninions are correct.

What rubbed me the wrong way really, was him lying to the ref. That left a bad taste. He literally said he cant see becase of the blood running to his eyes when there wasnt any blood near his eyes. Thats why i lost respect a bit for him and i dont want to see him fight again, because that whole fight looked awful.

Cmon it’s sherdog. Hate on it and call him a coward even though you never have the balls to step in The cage yourself. This is the way of the keyboard warrior.

who gives a fuck about being a coward when you've been fighting and risking your body for 15 years. "Cowardice" means nothing to a man with a family to provide for. Continuing to fight to a 30-27 loss doesnt feed the family. Especially since he risks getting cut. Strike when the irons hot. All the shit he is getting from sherdog is from obese armchair warriors who are too scared to even go to the gym.

I think it's stupid to ask a fighter if he can continue.
An illegal knee on the ground should be a direct disqualification. It doesn't matter if he is hurt or not.
I can't stand it when they ask a person who is kneed in the head if they can continue.
Some fighters are hurt but don't want to be seen as quitters and continue to fight with all sorts of risks.
There should be objective rulings for a landed illegal knee not depending how hurt the victim is.

And let's not forget that a very large man had just kneed him straight to the dome, crumpling and probably concussing him. Not a great moment to have to make an important decision.

The guy he was fighting looked like shit anyway

"keep getting your ass beat after being illegally hit or take your 100K win bonus"

pretty easy choice. would he be a tough badass if he kept fighting, sure. but you can't call him a coward for taking the super beneficial choice in which he didn't even do anything wrong. if you want to blame someone for spoiling the fight, blame his dumb ass opponent who was on his way to finishing or at least winning a dominant decision before he threw the fight.

Personally I think he wasnt so much scared as realistic. He 100% knew he was losing the fight and had 0 chance at a finish...so he did what he had to, his only option of getting out of with the W and the money was taking the dive.

I think he for sure could have continued with that knee and cut. I dont think the knee was a fight ender imho and it looked like he was being very tactical with the referee.

And let's not forget that a very large man had just kneed him straight to the dome, crumpling and probably concussing him. Not a great moment to have to make an important decision.

I don't like Sanchez but I'm not blaming him.
The referee is a coward to make a decision and tries to put the responsibility on a fighter that took an illegal knee.
If Sanchez was hurt or not doesn't matter.

Joe Rogan never interview a rocked fighter after the fight in the octagon yet they expect a fighter that took an illegal knee to make a judgement.
It's all about money. The referee doesn't want to be blame for spoiling the fight for the fans who bought tickets.

Personally I think he wasnt so much scared as realistic. He 100% knew he was losing the fight and had 0 chance at a finish...so he did what he had to, his only option of getting out of with the W and the money was taking the dive.

I think he for sure could have continued with that knee and cut. I dont think the knee was a fight ender imho and it looked like he was being very tactical with the referee.

you can never measure a landed illegal knee objectively. You can never measure how much impact it has. We can't go by speculation.
An illegal knee to the head is a straight disqualification if you want the sport to be fair and go by rulings.

you can never measure a landed illegal knee objectively. You can never measure how much impact it has. We can't go by speculation.
An illegal knee to the head is a straight disqualification if you want the sport to be fair and go by rulings.
Like I said in another thread Michel has no one to blame but himself.

You have it wrong. There are people who think he’s a coward for taking the DQ win and those of us who understand that we can’t know what Diego’s condition was after the “illegal” knee that split his head open

Cmon it’s sherdog. Hate on it and call him a coward even though you never have the balls to step in The cage yourself. This is the way of the keyboard warrior.

You're probably right about us sherdoggers but I don't think you can draw any conclusions from that about the norms professional fighters should observe. Just because we don't have the balls to step into the cage, doesn't mean anything goes inside the cage.

You have it wrong. There are people who think he’s a coward for taking the DQ win and those of us who understand that we can’t know what Diego’s condition was after the “illegal” knee that split his head open
It's more the fact he asked what would happen before he decided he couldn't continue to fight. He let that dictate his decision. Not if he was to injured but the outcome if he chose not to continue to fight.

Hope his win bonus is worth it because hopefully he is forced to retire, he is at the bottom of the barrel skill wise he portrays this crazy character but in reality it’s fake, that’s all he had going for him and it’s been exposed,

It's more the fact he asked what would happen before he decided he couldn't continue to fight. He let that dictate his decision. Not if he was to injured but the outcome if he chose not to continue to fight.
I’m not just talking about his physical condition of his head being cut but also his mental condition, he could’ve been really messed up.

Sherdog comeback of the year! Seriously though I don’t really have an issue with it. Let’s be honest, it was a lower tier fight if that was a championship or top 10 fight then it’s different. Sucks to be Pereira but he could have won that fight earlier and besides it was illegal. Play stupid games win stupid prizes

Seriously...
Now Diego is a “coward” after all the times he took how many fights to the bitter end?

Back