Should UFC still make 165 for Kevin Lee?

He wouldn't even be champ at 165

if they make 165, 170 would move up to 175 and that would make the 165 division pretty stacked imo.

So he can watch GSP vs Khabib or Conor fight for the belt?

165 isn't going to resolve his cardio issues or help him against RDA or Raging Al.

He is not champ material period. Making a new division for him wont change that

Divisions aren't going to be made for TFKL, let him bang at 155. Looking forward to seeing how he does.

For fun, I'll make who could be in the 165lbs division.

Let's say all WW who fought at LW in the past
and a few 155er who fought at 170 or failed making weight once or more.

top 10
(not in order)

Jorge Masvidal
Micheal Chiesa
Conor Ncgregor
Anthony Pettis
Nate Diaz
RDA
Yancy Medeiros
Diego Sanchez
Kevin Lee
Paul Felder

Just read the title it's all I needed for this .

<mma3>

Yeah people have already said it:

Khabib, Conor, [insert all current LWs] can just go up to 165. Then guys like GSP have a prime opportunity to fight for a 3rd belt, or WWs like Masvidal, Covington probably, Chiesa, RDA, etc, will all move to 165 for a clearer title path + size advantage rather than be at 175.

UFC always tries to make title fights as the selling point for PPV, so why not? You got 10 lb intervals for the lower divisions already.

UFC always tries to make title fights as the selling point for PPV, so why not? You got 10 lb intervals for the lower divisions already.
Yeah I really don't understand why Dana has been so against this. They need title fights for PPVs. We see how they'll do an interim or even BMF if there is nothing else to headline the PPV. And there just isn't many title fights because most of them fight less than twice per year. Why was Khabib-Tony scheduled so far out??

And 165 would allow them to have Conor in an immediate title fight, to promote him as first 3 division champ, etc. You would think that alone would have Dana make the division.

I usually am not for more divisions, but I think 165 is the way to go. LW and WW are the biggest divisions so the in-between guys could definitely support a buck 65 division.

If I were a certain type of character with sufficient power and control, I ain't doing shit until someone sucks my pee pee.

Would be a good division. It would open up LW, there are many guys that could move up into being contenders that don't have the chance now.

Back