Colby On Potential Super Fight With Khabib: "It Would Be A Striking Battle"

Guard

Be Real
@Green
Reaction score
https://www.essentiallysports.com/u...tential-super-fight-with-khabib-nurmagomedov/

“That (a fight with Khabib)would be cool. Cause he has been fighting a lot of fighters at lightweight they don’t know how to wrestle. I have always known it would be a good matchup for me. It would be a striking battle. He is not gonna take me down.”

Covington also made fun of Khabib’s sambo background by saying: “If wrestling were easy it would be called Sambo,”

If Colby had the belt, it MIGHT have been somewhat of a super fight(would watch). But the term super has to get tossed here lol.

"Striking battle"

giphy.gif

Fights between 2 high quality grapples are often stand up wars.

I was one of the few people saying before the Usman/Colby fight that I thought it would be a good one, despite thinking that theyre both individually boring fighters.

It would be a very interesting fight. I'd like to see it but I doubt Khabib takes a fight at 170.

'He is not gonna take me down'.. if RDA can take down Colby, Khabib sure as hell can..

Colby forgot something. Superfight means between two champions. He is not and was not even close.
Superfight is Khabib - Lima or something.

Nothing to gain for Khabib. Maybe the winner of Usman vs Masvidal to become champ champ and lineal BMF champ...

I was one of the few people saying before the Usman/Colby fight that I thought it would be a good one, despite thinking that theyre both individually boring fighters.

I expected that too but the thing that surprised me was that neither guy even attempted to take the other down in that fight. I don't count the end when Colby was panic wrestling.

I'd watch Colby vs Khabib.

It's for sure an intriguing matchup. I'd like to see it if they needed a replacement at some point and one of them available to save a card. I don't need to see any titles on the line. Just do it at a catchweight of 165 or something.

Is Colby still gonna walk around with that interim belt after getting beat by Kamaru?

'He can't take me down" usually said by the guys taken down by lesser wrestlers in the past ....

Ummm........That's not really a super-fight. Khabib-Usman would be a superfight. Khabib-Colby would be Khabib keeping himself busy with a snack if there were no viable LW opponents, which is far from the case.

He is right. The best wrestler Khabib fought is Tibau and Tibau is not close to Colby.
It would be striking and Colby showed improved striking in his last fight, even though he lost.

"Striking battle"

giphy.gif

Have you seen Usman vs Colby?

I expected that too but the thing that surprised me was that neither guy even attempted to take the other down in that fight. I don't count the end when Colby was panic wrestling.
Matt Hughes beat Renzo with leg kicks... it happens.

Reminds me of Shields vs Maia except it was grappling rather than a striking match.

Kamaru's striking was as bad (maybe worse) as Khabib till he TKOed Colby

Back