Media UFC Free Fight: Dominick Reyes vs Jared Cannonier

JustBleed69

Touch-Butt Silver Belt
Yellow Card
Reaction score

Jared seemed to be doing alright, but was a little too spastic. Also Reyes head movement & footwork look on point in this fight! Think he stands a chance vs Jones? I think he will look alright early, but if he doesn't get an early finish (unlikely) I'm concerned Reyes will fade a bit. He seems to rely a lot on speed.

I remember seeing this win and not thinking much of it.

Definitely a good win in hindsight although Jared was walking him down for a good portion of the fight

Jared seemed to be doing alright, but was a little too spastic. Also Reyes head movement & footwork look on point in this fight! Think he stands a chance?

Dana commented on this fight and said he thinks he pushed Cannonier a little too early. Don't worry, they'll probably rematch when Reyes comes back down after getting his spirit broken by the GOAT.

Dana commented on this fight and said he thinks he pushed Cannonier a little too early. Don't worry, they'll probably rematch when Reyes comes back down after getting his spirit broken by the GOAT.
Wait, has Reyes ever fought at MW? There's no way, he's so damn big.

I'm actually pumped for Jones vs Reyes.

Too bad Rakic lost his last one. I think he was a true contender too. Size and skill wise but he needed that loss.

Good scrap

I believe Reyes when he says he's a high level athlete. Dude moves really well for a big guy

Last edited:
People sleep on Reyes.

If he doesnt act like a headcase and let the moment get to him, i think he has a good of chance as anyone at beating Jones.

People sleep on Reyes.

If he doesnt act like a headcase and let the moment get to him, i think he has a good of chance as anyone at beating Jones.
completely disagree...go watch the cannonier fight again and your opinion will change

I remember seeing this win and not thinking much of it.

Definitely a good win in hindsight although Jared was walking him down for a good portion of the fight
Kind of crazy how good Cannonier has looked recently. I wonder how much of that has to do with the size difference in opponents now vs skill or attribute improvements he's made.

Inb4 Reyes stupidly ducks right into a Jones' headkick.
Yeah, that's the thing though. The DC headkick landed about 4 feet off the ground, Jon can't do that to taller fighters. That kick would have landed with much less power if it even landed at all. DC got unlucky, he zigged when he should have zagged

Reyes is tall, athletic, fast, and has power unlike Gus. This could be a bad matchup for Jon. I think he will play this VERY safe. Close decision going either way unless Reyes can catch him

Last edited:
To be fair i gave the fight to him
I'm actually pumped for Jones vs Reyes.

Too bad Rakic lost his last one. I think he was a true contender too. Size and skill wise but he needed that loss.
To be fair i gave the fight for him, but i understand why he lost. Still i belive reyes is the best protogy of the lhw division

Sweet check hook to start Cannonier on the downhill slide

I dont really follow or know either fighter. But the black guy had the other guy scared. Going backward the whole time. He was landing on him.

Then the other guy caught him with a hail Mary Uppercut..

And this is the guy to try to take out the best ever at lhw...??

<LikeReally5>

I mean everyone said the same thing about gus before the first fight so you never know. I almost didnt even watch the first gus fight because i thought for sure jones would easily destroy him.
Thiago santos looked decent against jones too so ill give reyes a chance.

edit: i commented this in a different thread doesnt make sense in this one.

Last edited:
Back