Do street thugs have better striking?...

pick999

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Than alot of ufc fighters? Certified goons off the street like this one
rmSY_1.gif

Compare to say like askren
BitterMeekIvorybackedwoodswallow-max-1mb.gif

It makes me think of how many better fighters there is and people that say ufc has best fighters.

Fighting is more than just striking.

Ben Askren is a bad striker, but he is a good fighter.

There's plenty of people that fight in the streets that would make amazing pro fighters but can't afford $190 a month to train MMA.

I wouldn't say better than alot of mma fighters, but maybe a few.....{<RR}

or maybe opponents on the street just leave themself horribly open to being KOd, making the other guy look like a killer

You can be the best or you can be the toughest. A lot of TOP guys are just very tough. Also, MMA sometimes involves this weird shit called... grappling. A whole different skill, maybe you've heard of it.

Yes. Lots of brothers in the streets who could make instant noise in the UFC if they transitioned.

Kimbo was actually a good demonstration of how a legendary street fighter does in high level MMA. The answer was ok, but not great or even particularly well.

In a straight up striking contest I’m sure some would be more than capable of dealing with Askren, but it’s not his thing.

Kimbo was actually a good demonstration of how a legendary street fighter does in high level MMA. The answer was ok, but not great or even particularly well.

In a straight up striking contest I’m sure some would be more than capable of dealing with Askren, but it’s not his thing.
Great post.
Askren may have shit striking but in MMA he'll take down and sub any street thug.
Even Ronda might throw a punk face-first into the floor.
MMA is more than just punches.

Yeah because Askren is representative of MMA striking as a whole, not like hes an extreme outlier or anything.

Askren was probably the worst striker in the UFC. Demian Maia destroyed him on the feet. You should've picked Barboza or AJ.

Than alot of ufc fighters? Certified goons off the street like this one
rmSY_1.gif

Compare to say like askren
BitterMeekIvorybackedwoodswallow-max-1mb.gif

It makes me think of how many better fighters there is and people that say ufc has best fighters.
It depends on the opponents as well.

The dude in the red steps outside with his right leg, jabs with a half hook half overhand, and leaves his head in the middle... all of his body parts went in different directions :D

I'm no expert but I think that if you step outside, you move your head with the body and go forward with the cross while keeping your head tucked in.

I've had the opportunity to train with a pro kickboxer in my youth, I was around 20 and this dude was retired at 42 I think.... and dude...duuuuuude, their bodies are fucking different. It's like you're hitting a horse.

We did drills where you catch a body kick and follow up with a sweep.... every time I caught the dude's leg it felt like I was catching a tree trunk... and mind you this was a slow drill.

And when I tried to sweep him.... forget about it. And I'm not a frail person, I'm actually pretty stocky. For a civilian I'm pretty strong... but these guys are just on another level.

If you ever have the opportunity just try and spar with a pro fighter, one that actually wins fights. You'll feel like a bitch afterwards.

Last edited:
Well Ben Askren is not a street thug but a lifelong wrestler who now works with youth and I’d take as a societal win than had he developed good striking

Ben is well-known among Mma and wrestling and made millions with his worldly wrestling to make up for bad striking (which he has )

@pick999 you are a silver belt, you gotta be kidding me, man. there is no way a person who posted over 10k messages and is here since 2013 to be that naive and silly.
<LikeReally5>

Low key racist thread

Back