Stephen didn't say Cowboy quit

Hirashin

This is not a profession
Banned
Reaction score

Rogan is a terrible listener now and is bringing shame to all us mma fans. He just keeps talking like all the others internet noobs: you are wrong.
Stephen said: the fight was too short, we didn't learn anything from it (aside from the shoulda punches of instant death) and he stands to that statement.
I guess Rogan just doesn't care anymore, he is so rich and comfortable and talks random sheet.

He was right in that we didn't learn anything useful about Conor

Did that fight answer any questions about his grappling or cardio? Not at all.

What did we learn? That he's fast and has KO power? He can hurt a shot fighter with an unconventional technique that would never work against any willing wrestler?

We didn't learn anything. We just CONFIRMED things we already knew.

What did we learn? That he's fast and has KO power? He can hurt a shot fighter with an unconventional technique that would never work against any willing wrestler?

If someone asked you who would win the clinch exchanges in McGregor vs Cerrone before the fight, what would you say?

@Karuzo

Not this guy, that's for damn sure.

giphy.gif

We didn't learn anything. We just CONFIRMED things we already knew.

We learned that McGregor is stronger than Cerrone in the clinch, and that he is focused and can still perform at the highest level despite not fighting for a year.

@Karuzo

Not this guy, that's for damn sure.

giphy.gif

LMAO I forgot about this, good point.

I would've bet Cerrone would beat him in the clinch just based on Cerrones Muay Thai background. I do remember him having good knees on entrances and breaks from the clinch I believe.

@Swoliosis

Like Conor would need to pay a washed up journeyman to throw a fight lol

And he ended up beating Eddie, in case you didn't know lmao

I hope Joe has him on. Just so I can hear him tell Joe to “stay off the weeduh”.

Stephen A wins via Louder Voice. And if he’s losing he can always revert to “As a black man in America.......”

Rogan is a terrible listener now and is bringing shame to all us mma fans. He just keeps talking like all the others internet noobs: you are wrong.
Stephen said: the fight was too short, we didn't learn anything from it (aside from the shoulda punches of instant death) and he stands to that statement.
I guess Rogan just doesn't care anymore, he is so rich and comfortable and talks random sheet.

" I’m quite disgusted,” Smith said. “Let me be very, very clear: I’m honored to be up here with you guys. I’m a spectator watching the sport. I expected to see more than 40 seconds. I predicted McGregor was going to win this fight inside of two rounds. I thought he would take him out.

“Here’s the deal: 15 seconds in, ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone was done. He got hit with those shoulders in the clinch, and he was done. It look like he gave up. It was just an atrocious performance on his part."
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...alls-donald-cerrone-performance-atrocious/amp

Stephen is entitled to his opinion,but he is supposed to be a professional analyst.
He sounded like a casual fratboy with his "analysis" of the fight.
If he wanted to make the case that Cerrone had a bad performance, or didnt look prepared, he could have done it in a much more respectful way than he did.

MMA isnt boxing. A fight can legitimately end in 15 seconds. That doesnt mean the guy wasnt prepared, or is a quitter. Stephen didnt seem to get that.
When you dont have much knowledge of the sport and athletes, as someone that is supposed to be commentating, you probably shouldnt be questioning the heart of a guy and throwing out words like ' atrocious' and 'disgusted' to describe a fight.
Disappointed that the fight didnt go longer? Sure. We all were. But all that other shit was unnecessary

I hope Joe has him on. Just so I can hear him tell Joe to “stay off the weeduh”.

Stephen A wins via Louder Voice. And if he’s losing he can always revert to “As a black man in America.......”

<{you!}>

Cowboy did give up and was beaten before the fight started. Stop hating on people that tell the truth because you don't like it.

Cowboy did give up and was beaten before the fight started. Stop hating on people that tell the truth because you don't like it.

that may be true also, but the original statement Stephens said was: the fight was too short, we didn't learn anything from it. Which is 120% correct statement. SHill Rogan went on to shamelessly defend the fight by accusing Stephens of being a noob, also acting like if Stephens had accused ufc of fixed fight or something which he didn't. Rogan is becoming worse by year.

Last edited:
@Swoliosis

Like Conor would need to pay a washed up journeyman to throw a fight lol

And he ended up beating Eddie, in case you didn't know lmao
I know was just messing around
<Fedor23>
It was in reference to the peeps saying Cerrone just standing and taking the shoulder shots being "suspicious" . Not his first rodeo freezing up.

FOLDED = QUIT=WHY QUIT?=PAID TO QUIT....there problem solved LOL

He did say he thought Cowboy quit.

Um yeah he did lol

"Here’s the deal: 15 seconds in, ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone was done. He got hit with those shoulders in the clinch, and he was done. It look like he gave up"

Literally, he said "he gave up". Do you know what quit means

Back