Stipe v. Blaydes is the fight to make

Ying Li

Yo mama
@red
Reaction score
Blaydes looked like a killer against JDS and he's fast as hell, I think he could beat Stipe.

Cormier can fight Ngannou for next #1 contender.

What say you?

<{vega}>

Cormier reading this thread:
:rustled:

No. Blaydes has lost twice to Ngannou, not just lost, but demolished in both fights.

Yes, Curtis looked good against JDS, but remember Ngannou destroyed JDS not so long ago, as well.

DC can fight Blaydes and let Ngannou fight Stipe again, he's earned his shot.

Blaydes looked like a killer against JDS and he's fast as hell, I think he could beat Stipe.

What say you?

<{vega}>

If rozentruik kos ngannou, then rozen vs stipe has potential to be one of the greatest 5 round wars HW has ever seen

Stipe vs Francis, Stipe vs Blaydes. Both work.

I think one thing real MMA fans (not DC dick suckers) can agree upon is DC does not deserve a rematch

I want to see Curtis win at least one more fight before being given a title shot.

Ngannou destroyers Cain, Blaydes (x2), JDS and Overeem. Who else has a better resume other than DC?

Ngannou destroyers Cain, Blaydes (x2), JDS and Overeem. Who else has a better resume other than DC?

I'd just like to see Stipe fight somebody new. Blaydes looks like a real threat.

Ngannou v. Cormier works.

It's either Ngannou v. Stipe II or Ngannou v. Blaydes III for me

Playstation 2 character model needs probably 1 more win against either Roz, Derrick or Volkov to get a title shot

I would absolutely love to watch this. They're my two favorite HWs and it's an interesting matchup. That being said, I don't think it's the "right" fight to make for two reasons:

1.) The DC trilogy needs to happen, as much as I fear for Stipe's career for following through on it. I dislike the eyepokes as much as the next guy, but the closure is deserved and it would be that much better for Stipe's legacy if he was able to put a nice bow on it all instead of leaving "what-ifs" up in the air.

2.) Francis is still ahead of Curtis in the rankings and on a 3-fight win streak (soon to be 4 if he beats Rozen), same as Blaydes. To make matters worse, he has decisively beaten Curtis twice. It's been two years since Francis's title shot, I don't think him getting another one is "too soon".

So the only way I see Stipe vs. Blaydes happening is if the DC trilogy happens first (or DC decides to go ahead and retire) and Ngannou loses to Rozen. You could make an argument in that instance, I think, that Rozen doesn't have Curtis's seniority in getting passed up for a title shot.

What say you?

<{vega}>

lols. Maybe he could beat stipe but ngannou is surely next. dc will probably beat stipe but will retire straight after so no. ngannou beat blades twice remember.

lols. Maybe he could beat stipe but ngannou is surely next. dc will probably beat stipe but will retire straight after so no. ngannou beat blades twice remember.

Yeah but Stipe already beat Ngannou and Blaydes is on a 3 fight win streak and ranked #3. Why not?

What say you?

<{vega}>

Everyone reading this thread:

<Prem973>

Stipe vs Francis, Stipe vs Blaydes. Both work.

I think one thing real MMA fans (not DC dick suckers) can agree upon is DC does not deserve a rematch

Holy fuck stipe fans are terrified of a pudgy 40 year old black dude

<36>

Yeah but Stipe already beat Ngannou and Blaydes is on a 3 fight win streak and ranked #3. Why not?
imo ngannou beat himself. he went nuts in the first round, gassed and was done. even then stipe could not hurt or finish him. i think a rematch sees ngannou compose himself and win rather easily.

What say you?

<{vega}>

Fuck that are you just gunna ignore than francis has ended him twice and is also on a winning streak including the win over him. Argument over. I win

I'd just like to see Stipe fight somebody new. Blaydes looks like a real threat.

Ngannou v. Cormier works.
looks like a real threat to noob eyes. Styles make fights. what have you seen that makes you think he is a threat? Stipe can wrestle good enough to force him to stand. From there stipe boxing is way cleaner

What say you?

<{vega}>

Looked like a killer? He couldn't even take past prime JDS down, which is supposed to be the one thing he does the best. The TKO'd a man who has lost his chin, soul and heart a number of years ago. Blaydes wouldn't even be a top guy if prime JDS, Cain, Werdum, Carwin, Hunt were around. The dude is just a product of a really bad time in the HW division. Most great guys are old.

Back