Media If this article about Diego Ferreira is true

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
He can be added to the list of guys ducking Islam Makhachev.

After the Pettis win he said he didnt immediately want a higher ranked opponent for his next fight, but when buzz about possibly fighting Makhachev began, he switched to targeting either Iaquinta or the winner of Felder & Hooker (both of whom also ducked Islam)

I've only seen this posted on bjpenn.com so far so I'm not sure if its corroborated?

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exc...yes-al-iaquinta-or-felder-hooker-winner-next/

Islam has the potential to be the champ but isnt high ranked and no one knows who he is. Losing to him can possibly destroy your career. So i get it. I dont agree with “ducking” but can understand why not many want to fight him.

Plain and simple he’s a tough fight with little pay off. Unless the ufc starts pushing him, or he becomes champ, he’ll always have a tough time finding fights

CDF matches up very well against Islam. Why would he duck him?

no one knows who he is
Weird ass narrative. He literally has 60x the IG followers CDF has. Everyone knows he's Khabib's training partner. Beating Islam would definitely get a lot of attention.

I'm not one to say any fighter is ducking someone, but this is pretty fucking weird.

CDF just said he wants to fight someone lower in the rankings, now he's aiming for Iaquinta and the winner of Hooker/Felder, lol what??

Weird ass narrative. He literally has 60x the IG followers CDF has. Everyone knows he's Khabib's training partner. Beating Islam would definitely get a lot of attention.

I'm not one to say any fighter is ducking someone, but this is pretty fucking weird.

CDF just said he wants to fight someone lower in the rankings, now he's aiming for Iaquinta and the winner of Hooker/Felder, lol what??

maybe that’s the problem?

maybe guys can’t be fucked dealing with a bunch of assholes who try to influence fights by employing intimidation and implied threats outside of the octagon?

At best your average ufc viewer knows islam is friends with khabib. Yes beating him is good. I am talking about losing to him.

maybe guys can’t be fucked dealing with a bunch of assholes who try to influence fights by employing intimidation and implied threats outside of the octagon?
{<jordan}

What the fuck are you talking about lol?

Dan Hooker ducked Makachev?

<36><36><36>

The guy who lost to Adriano Martins?

<36><36><36>

The Hangman would annihilate Makachev without breaking a sweat.

At best your average ufc viewer knows islam is friends with khabib. Yes beating him is good. I am talking about losing to him.
I don't see how losing to Islam would 'end your career'... If CDF lost to Pettis it would arguably be significantly worse than losing to Makhachev.

If a fighter thinks 'if I beat this fighter, it would be very good for me, but if I lose... fuck it I'm not taking that fight', that's ducking imho.

LOL is this Ali? It’s a post about this cat everyday . No body gives af . It literally goes two guys saying Islam the greatest ; then a bunch of people explaining how no one cares !!

Dan Hooker ducked Makachev?

<36><36><36>

The guy who lost to Adriano Martins?

<36><36><36>

The Hangman would annihilate Makachev without breaking a sweat.

Not only Duckman Dan but Paul Felder also ducked Islam.

The UFC New Zealand main event between Dan and Paul is basically to determine the Duckier Duck between the two!

Many fighters have reported it. Easy to look into yourself.

I'll not do your homework for you you dolt.

<DisgustingHHH>
Ahhh yes, I forgot when Davi Ramos, Tsarukyan, and Johnson reported that Islam and his team threatened them.

How could I have forgotten when Khabib literally had Dustin so scared for his family, that he just up and gave his neck to Khabib in the 3rd round? Then they tried to pretend they were friendly by exchanging t-shirts and donating $100k to Dustin's charity.

WarmheartedWarlikeGoitered-size_restricted.gif

He can be added to the list of guys ducking Islam Makhachev.

After the Pettis win he said he didnt immediately want a higher ranked opponent for his next fight, but when buzz about possibly fighting Makhachev began, he switched to targeting either Iaquinta or the winner of Felder & Hooker (both of whom also ducked Islam)

I've only seen this posted on bjpenn.com so far so I'm not sure if its corroborated?

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/exc...yes-al-iaquinta-or-felder-hooker-winner-next/
The guy struggled with a 22 year old at home. You guys have to stop confusing ducking with logical and beneficial decision making. A stylistically boring and frustrating foe with no current marquee wins and a low ranking.

You arent ducking the homeless guy challenging you to a fight. You are avoiding a lose lose proposition.

LOL is this Ali? It’s a post about this cat everyday . No body gives af . It literally goes two guys saying Islam the greatest ; then a bunch of people explaining how no one cares !!

Yet you care enough to reply

I don't see how losing to Islam would 'end your career'... If CDF lost to Pettis it would arguably be significantly worse than losing to Makhachev.

If a fighter thinks 'if I beat this fighter, it would be very good for me, but if I lose... fuck it I'm not taking that fight', that's ducking imho.
Yeah no one is disagreeing about what ducking means.

The guy struggled with a 22 year old at home. You guys have to stop confusing ducking with logical and beneficial decision making. A stylistically boring and frustrating foe with no current marquee wins and a low ranking.

You arent ducking the homeless guy challenging you to a fight. You are avoiding a lose lose proposition.

He went from claiming to want a lower ranked opponent next to wanting a higher ranked opponent. The only thing that happened in between was Islam's camp (and a number of fans) showing interest in a matchup with him.

Back