Frankie Edgar says he has one fight left on UFC contract

NandoMoura

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
frakie-edgar-ufc-205.jpg

“I’m going to go down to 135,” Edgar said. “I’m probably like 156 right now. … My last fight, I was getting down to 145. I got down to 144.5. That’s only 8.5 (pounds) over where I’ve got to be to make 136. It was such an easy cut for this last time. … I think late spring or early summer, (I’ll be back) at 135.”

No matter whom, when or where Edgar fights next, the bout will be the last on his current UFC contract. While he isn’t totally ruling out the possibility of exploring free agency, the longtime UFC athlete hopes to stay put, if possible.

“It’ll be 13 years I’ve been in the UFC coming in February,” Edgar said. “… Money talks. But I mean, honestly, if I was being straight up, where would I want to finish my career? I do want to finish in the UFC. I got in the UFC at 5-0. I pretty much grew up here.

“It’d be nice to finish it here, but everything has to make sense.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...fight-left-ufc-contract-dropping-bantamweight

So Bellator bound and fighting Pitbull for the title?

Just not quiet CTE'ed enough yet I guess

Last edited:
Who is the goat legend best fighter ever gunna lose to next?

Either fight for cheap or go to Bellator. UFC is waiting for him to lose to get him on a cheap contract. He’s perfect for them. Name value, washed up, willing to fight anyone, and delusional about his abilities. The UFC preys on these guys. Easy fodder for an up and comer in a main event.

Or maybe even Conor’s next fight?
giphy.gif

Last edited:
He'll fight in the UFC as long as he wants. Dana loves the guy.

If he goes to Bellator he will be BW champ by default.
With Dantas and Caldwell moving up and Warren retiring soon (probably) there is not a single soul in the division.

Edit: Besides recently signed former UFC Sergio Pettis and Goyito Perez and the only legit prospect Patrick Mix.

Huge frankie fan, but it's becoming harder and harder for me to watch him fight. I hope he doesn't fight another killer next.

Hopefully Sandhagen gets the fight and then onwards towards the title. I'm not too interested in seeing Frankie Edgar fight anymore

Wouldn't be surprised to see the UFC let him go. Even if he does get the W.

cool, hopefully he retires after that fight.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the UFC let him go. Even if he does get the W.

I think he’s still so useful. He can main event a fight night and I’ll watch it. Up and coming talent.

who doesn’t want to see Frankie Edgar vs. Cody Garbrandt.

Back