How likely is it Conor wins the WW belt?

theleerygoose

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Before you flame me there is a very real pathway for this to happen. Note Im talking about Conor winning the belt, not defending it.

Masividal has a real shot to beat Usman. He trained for years with Colby so hes faced a very similar pressure style. Usman was definitely rocked on several exchanges with Colby, and would probably not survive a stand up battle with Mas.

IF Mas wins, you better believe Conor will take the next 170 title shot. Mas is a talented fighter, but I actually think Conors a bad matchup for him since he'll keep distance with his kicks.

IMO Conor could be WW champ in 2020 if Mas beats Usman. Id put the odds of this all happening at least at 25%

Well he's already ahead of the game since he won't have to earn the title shot

His chances would be 0% if he had to fight his way thru the division and earn his title shot

He could beat Masvidal but Woodley, Edwards, Colby ans Usman all crush him to name a few.

There’s a ton of bad style matchups for him and not only are they bad style matchups but they’re much bigger men than him.

He should return to FW and dominate the division. He could be GOAT there, fighting in his own weight class

Well he's already ahead of the game since he won't have to earn the title shot

His chances would be 0% if he had to fight his way thru the division and earn his title shot

Hes more popular than the champ lol

Masvidal aint beating Usman. Woodley is a much better wrestler than Masvidal, and he got mauled. There is no way Masvidal can stop Usman's takedowns. Why do you think Masvidal wants Conor first? If Masvidal thought he could take out Usman, he would fight him first and then fight Conor. The only person Conor has ever beaten at WW was Nate Diaz. And some would argue he was trying to survive that fight. The Cowboy fight was not a real WW fight.

I don't see Conor beating Usman due to the size difference. Usman is a legit 190+ lbs in the octagon, he would dwarf Conor and have a big advantage.

Masvidal has a punchers chance against Usman and can definitely lose to Conor. So your theory is not that wild. People just hate Conor.

If Usman has the belt Conor has no chance.
Who is there at WW that could beat Usman that Conor could beat? I can't think of anyone.
Conor isn't getting the WW belt.

If conor's uncle who is Dana opens his wallet then i see Conor being 170 champ if not Conor has zero chance to get 170 belt . Idk in what planet you live or Disney book you read to think conor can be a champ at 170

Some good responses in here. I’d give it 30% chance of happening.

I think he should pursue this rather than bother with even contemplating a Khabib rematch

You guys sould not bring the Colby fight when comparing who is going to beat Usman, Usman fought totally differently because the style, if he fights guys like Conor or Mas he will panic wrestle as soon as he can and its because both Conor/Mas are totally different fighters than Colby

Pretty likely. I mean, he won't beat any top welterweights, but Im sure the UFC will give him the belt somehow if they want to.

It's very likely,considering ufc will find a way for him to not actually have to beat the champion or the next best guy in the div even,to win it. ,)

I’d say it’s a 50% chance.

If Dana gives him a shot he wins it. Simple as.

Decent chances imo, he will always have a punchers chance, he wont have to go through the division anyway.

He could beat Masvidal but Woodley, Edwards, Colby ans Usman all crush him to name a few.

There’s a ton of bad style matchups for him and not only are they bad style matchups but they’re much bigger men than him.

He should return to FW and dominate the division. He could be GOAT there, fighting in his own weight class
Fw us not his division, LW is and if it weren't for his ability to cut weight to Holocaust levels may have never gotten to gold, what are the odds without the fw belt that he would have gotten a shot at Eddie? He most likely wouldn't have even made it up the rankings

Back