News Crime-fighting MMA superhero 'Phoenix Jones' arrested on drug charges

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
schultz_amhr_2.jpg

Via MMAjunkie.com

The crime-fighting persona of “Phoenix Jones” has taken an interesting twist.

Jones is the alter ego of Seattle’s Ben Fodor, a mixed martial artist whose highest-profile fights were in World Series of Fighting.

In costume, Fodor garnered headlines through his vigilante crime patrols in downtown Seattle and adjacent neighborhoods.

But according to Seattle television station KOMO, Fodor recently found himself on the wrong side of the law, as he was arrested earlier this month in King County (Wash.) and faces multiple drug charges after allegedly selling Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) and cocaine.

According to KOMO, Jones sold 7.1 grams of MDMA, known on the streets as “Molly,” to an undercover agent of the Seattle Police Department at a Starbucks on Nov. 21. The agent had sent Fodor $300 via Venmo prior to the deal, paid another $200 in person, and had an agreement for a future deal.

Damn I remember this guy lol. He had a cool story. He’s just an idiot and chose to sign with WSOF over Bellator back in the day. All the newbie casuals gonna say the typical “who da fook is that guy”

You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain..

schultz_amhr_2.jpg

Via MMAjunkie.com

The crime-fighting persona of “Phoenix Jones” has taken an interesting twist.

Jones is the alter ego of Seattle’s Ben Fodor, a mixed martial artist whose highest-profile fights were in World Series of Fighting.

In costume, Fodor garnered headlines through his vigilante crime patrols in downtown Seattle and adjacent neighborhoods.

But according to Seattle television station KOMO, Fodor recently found himself on the wrong side of the law, as he was arrested earlier this month in King County (Wash.) and faces multiple drug charges after allegedly selling Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) and cocaine.

According to KOMO, Jones sold 7.1 grams of MDMA, known on the streets as “Molly,” to an undercover agent of the Seattle Police Department at a Starbucks on Nov. 21. The agent had sent Fodor $300 via Venmo prior to the deal, paid another $200 in person, and had an agreement for a future deal.
Imagine wolverine in need of hipster cops while patrolling.

He will expose that cop as corrupt, and as the target of HIS sting operation.

And he will beat that cop's ass into bolivia for trying to flip the script up on him.

He's the hero here.

damn what a disappointment i liked the guy

Lol, could you be more of a hypocrite?

Dude literally dressed as a superhero and beat up untrained civilians and was praised for it

where do I get my Free Phoenix Shirt?

when is the March?

have Sharpton and Jesse been notified?

Whew !, Dana got all sweaty when he read about a Jones getting arrested for drugs.......

<31>

Victimless crimes and a waste of taxpayer money

Lol, could you be more of a hypocrite?

Dude literally dressed as a superhero and beat up untrained civilians and was praised for it

He only fought one that I know of, and the guy fucking had it coming. He mostly just broke up fights.
His biggest problem was that he went straight to the mace.

Victimless crimes and a waste of taxpayer money

...he was praised for going after drug dealers. his competition, apparently.

laughably, i thought it was worst when he made mma look bad. now he's made costumed vigilantes like the comedian look bad!

oh, he also pretended to have been shot.

<{anton}>

How else does a superhero without super powers fund his vigilante justice?

Now I'm not sure but is 7 grams of Molly enough to warrant an undercover investigation.

I can't help but feel bad for the guy, not that I'm condoning what he did, but he had a rough upbringing. He lived in foster care as a kid before being adopted and I can't remember everything but I think his adoptive mother was really poor too.

He had a kid with another member of the Rain City Superhero Movement and they later divorced. I'm guessing if he was selling drugs now he didn't really have a stable job/career? It makes me realize how lucky I was as a kid.

It's important not to over analyze this story and just laugh at its sheer hilarity, gang. Just think about it!

Now I'm not sure but is 7 grams of Molly enough to warrant an undercover investigation.

*shrugs*

that should be appx 70 pills. sounds like possession with intent, even without being caught dealing.

he also had 4 grams of coke, too, apparently.

Back