Anyone thinks Tony might over prepare ?

ViD

🇷🇺🤝🇺🇸
@Brown
Reaction score
Considering the fight announcement was a while ago and knowing that Tony doesn’t take anything easy, I feel like he started heavy preparations right then.

Now, we’re hearing he’s already injured himself, thankfully not to a point of a pull out, but we gotta remember the dude is 35 abd the amount of work he puts in can potentially create issues for him leading up to the fight.

Tony is the type of guy to underprepare by overpreparing.

Now, we’re hearing he’s already injured himself
There is any source of this?

And by the way people talk about Tony (Chael, Bravo, etc) the guy is used to train like a maniac.
I think he might pace himself well in training but the injury risk is there.

As long as he's staying away from wires and lead pipes, I'm good.

I hope he over prepares Khabib to be a steak and potato dinner in his rematch with McGregor!

sorry for the well done steak, champ champ

The guy fought Pettis 6 months after his ACL tear and looked a bit off but still looked like an animal.

I will never question his training.

He will come in a perfect shape as always

Cables are his weakness, so just keep him away from interviews.

I am more worried that the steel pipe would bend and not enduring his training and Tony can't go in fully prepared, because all his equipment broke.

I heard he was doing 20 sets of 20 dead lifts each day.
GleefulGlassCuscus-size_restricted.gif

2-2

They've both pulled out twice, quit focusing on Tony so much.

Tony is 36 y/o and full of bro science

do the math
Bro science doesn't get 12 straight wins at LW.

He might not be traditional in any facet of his regimen, but you can't argue with the results. His method may not work for anyone else but it sure works for him and clearly isn't "bro science"

No wonder Khabib set the date so late. He's hoping Tony injures himself by getting overzealous.

Sorry I can’t find an English link right now

https://www.sports.ru/boxing/1082674867.html
Solid, thanks.

I've tried searches with multiple combinations of "Tony, Ferguson, cruciate, ligaments, Eddie, Bravo" and found no results in English (other than "Conor is willing to step up if either fight drops out"). Curious where this came from.

Translated by google, red added by me:

Tony Ferguson injured cruciate ligament
UFC fighter Tony Ferguson, while preparing for the fight against the champion of the promotion in the lightweight division of Khabib Nurmagomedov, received a cruciate ligament sprain. This was stated by fighter coach Eddie Bravo.

“Not so long ago, Tony again injured the cruciate ligaments of the knee.

True, this time is okay - just a slight stretch. You know how professional sports work - no one is safe from minor injuries.

"I don’t think that Tony with his experience will allow complication of this injury. I see him in the hall every day, and he is in great shape,” said Bravo.

The Habib-Ferguson match was announced on April 18 in New York at UFC 249. This is the fifth attempt of the promotion to organize this fight.​

Yeah, the man is an animal. I want to see this fight like no other. Tony should realize he's not 21 anymore. Let the body heal from time to time and train...more conventional.

He'd really need extra guidance but probably wouldn't listen. And that's why we love him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back