Any sayings you can't stand in Mma/Ufc coverage?

Sickbro69420

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
'Run it back' is one of the most annoying sayings that's come around in recent time. It's called a rematch.
I also really disliked slip and rip but that seemed to be a Mike Goldberg exclusive he pushed a lot that never gained any traction.

It is what it is

(insert name) Claps back

Don't think I've heard it in a broadcast, but when people say jitz/jits to abbreviate jiu jitsu it's infuriating.

Personally, I hate anything that contains a vowel.

"Sometimes you shouldn't fear the man, but the consequences."

I mainly dislike when reporters ask questions that have already been answered at the bigger MMA shows like that of Ariel's or like at official UFC press moments. I mean follow MMA media when you're a MMA journalist and put some thought into your questions.

I also increasingly dislike Rogan's commentary coverage. Dude isn't as devoted to that job as he once was and it really shows. Making the dumbest mistakes and keeps blabbering about stuff while missing a lot of stuff of the fight itself, but I guess he has always done that to an extent.

I can't really think of a saying right now. For the most part that stuff isn't worth getting worked up about in the least, to me.

Last edited:
"No Blacks"

I hear rogan saying it all the time and frankly i find it shameful.

I hate the 'goat' saying, it's fucking retarded and WAY over used.

When fighters who have good, but not insane power are said to "hit like a truck" and "have legitimate one-punch knockout-power".

Second to none
Top of the food chain
One of the best in the division, if not the sport

"He's got the guillotine. Its locked in tight John. He's gonna tap" Joe Rogan
Moments later he escapes

When Rogan calls someone a murderer. Or refers to the top of the division as a murderer's row. Shit is retarded.

Back