Why it’s embarrassing to call myself an MMA fan

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This week is a perfect example with the whole snowflake outrage over Steven A Smith’s comments, starting with Brogan.

First, I don’t have anything against Joe, I like his podcasts and aside from him being a heavy UFC shill, I mostly like and agree with the guy. But when he goes overboard, he really goes all the way. Much like his embarrassing and shameless “Ronda once ever” rant, he just went full caveman on this one.

Then you get all the snowflake fanboys and morons like Luke Thomas, who have this stupid mentality that no “outsider” has the right to make a comment about their precious mma fighters, I mean they’ve been beating off to cowboy Cerrone for years, how dare this newb offer his opinion? It’s so embarrassing man.

First, the guy was absolutely correct in his assessment. Whether he’s been following the sport since 1993, or whether he just tuned in for the first time at UFC 246, he called it as he seen it. Cerrone was an absolute embarrassment in that fight, as much for his actions before and afterwards as his in fight performance (or I should say lack of performance).

This doesn’t take away from the fact that “he got in there” all those times, and he has the records he does. But the fact remains that the guy is a big time choker and has a history of getting smashed and quitting against just about every top tier opponent he’s faced. Watching him all hugs and smiles with his assailant afterwards was even more of a slap in the face to all those who paid to see a fight. The guy should have been attempting seppoku at that moment, not laughing in the customers faces.

I love watching fights, I’m often appalled by the so called hardcore fans of this sport tho, and their elitist and moronic mentality. “Yo, Rogan could kick Steven A’s ass” is seriously one of the arguments to discredit a guys honest opinion, come on.

<{clintugh}>

Aren't the fandoms of ALL sports like this?? GO the NFL watch how the rip each other apart whenever any pundit makes a comment they don't like.

28280132_2441092416115163_486344559848609774_n.jpg

Agreed

MMA fans hate outsiders commenting on the sport no matter what they say

Stephen was correct in saying that Cowboy blew it and quit

This is probably best reserved for your personal diary.

This is probably best reserved for your personal diary.
Maybe you and your man crush in your av keep personal diaries, but I’m a heterosexual man and I actually don’t have one.
{<hhh]

Agreed

MMA fans hate outsiders commenting on the sport no matter what they say

Stephen was correct in saying that Cowboy blew it and quit
Or maybe cowboy just got beat.

you’re not exactly credible to talk about a conor fight.

This week is a perfect example with the whole snowflake outrage over Steven A Smith’s comments, starting with Brogan.

First, I don’t have anything against Joe, I like his podcasts and aside from him being a heavy UFC shill, I mostly like and agree with the guy. But when he goes overboard, he really goes all the way. Much like his embarrassing and shameless “Ronda once ever” rant, he just went full caveman on this one.

Then you get all the snowflake fanboys and morons like Luke Thomas, who have this stupid mentality that no “outsider” has the right to make a comment about their precious mma fighters, I mean they’ve been beating off to cowboy Cerrone for years, how dare this newb offer his opinion? It’s so embarrassing man.

First, the guy was absolutely correct in his assessment. Whether he’s been following the sport since 1993, or whether he just tuned in for the first time at UFC 246, he called it as he seen it. Cerrone was an absolute embarrassment in that fight, as much for his actions before and afterwards as his in fight performance (or I should say lack of performance).

This doesn’t take away from the fact that “he got in there” all those times, and he has the records he does. But the fact remains that the guy is a big time choker and has a history of getting smashed and quitting against just about every top tier opponent he’s faced. Watching him all hugs and smiles with his assailant afterwards was even more of a slap in the face to all those who paid to see a fight. The guy should have been attempting seppoku at that moment, not laughing in the customers faces.

I love watching fights, I’m often appalled by the so called hardcore fans of this sport tho, and their elitist and moronic mentality. “Yo, Rogan could kick Steven A’s ass” is seriously one of the arguments to discredit a guys honest opinion, come on.

<{clintugh}>
Cerrone has had many respectable performances against elite and top fighters. People want to dismiss Eddie, benson, Robbie, and other good performances.

Then don't. Good riddance and delete your sherdog account while you're at it.

I get what Rogan was thinking on his podcast. After seeing smith flail punches as if he was born without bones AFTER saying cowboy quit. It’s like dude, cowboy got beat down. Smith has no right to talk shit so flamboyantly live on tv when he likely hasn’t competed in any fight.

You’re right it is embarrassing to be fan, embarrassing that this absolute hack in smith has weaseled his way into ufc broadcasting. I still can’t believe it.

<{clintugh}>

Huge Cerrone fan but i was an asshole after the fight shitting on him. I don't think people (myself) included realized the amount of damage Cowboy actually took.

He just got damaged super early. This really was the perfect recipe match up wise for Conor's return.

War Cowboy!

I'd be much more embarrassed to call myself a Stephen A. Smith fan. Rogan is bad as well. Neither one of their opinions mean shit because Smith is an ignorant loud mouth and Joe is a shill.

Truth is, some guys got wild cause connor dudnt get beat handily.

I wouldn't call myself a fan of either guy, but Smith wasn't out of line at all to say what he said and Rogan needs to chill the fuck out

Cerrone has had many respectable performances against elite and top fighters. People want to dismiss Eddie, benson, Robbie, and other good performances.
That’s why I said most, he had more performances where he just broke like a girl and looked for the ref to save him once things went bad.

See Cerrone vs Pettis, Masvidal, RDA, Till, Gaetje, Conor, etc...

Compare him to RDA who’s lost a bunch of fights against the best in two divisions lately, but never gave up and went the distance and put up a fight every single time.

<{clintugh}>
I think it reflects more on you. You say it's embarrassing but why do you care so much what others think? Some people agree with you others dont. It's all opinion anyway. There wasn't bad blood between the two so it's refreshing that no fake story line was invented. It's robbing or duping the fans more if its manufactured. I'm guessing you're not a Conor fan and that's fine. I'm pretty neutral on him so I didn't get upset when he wins or loses. Bottom line is don't give a damn what others think or say because your opinion to YOU should mean more. Read some of the comments made on here and see how far out they are. Some people have no clue what they are talking about. It's not a reflection on me and they're entitled to their thoughts.

The truth is Phil Baroni is the best eva and no one can change my mind.
:meow:

That’s why I said most, he had more performances where he just broke like a girl and looked for the ref to save him once things went bad.

See Cerrone vs Pettis, Masvidal, RDA, Till, Gaetje, Conor, etc...

Compare him to RDA who’s lost a bunch of fights against the best in two divisions lately, but never gave up and went the distance and put up a fight every single time.
Some of those fights he just got beat down though. The idea he quit against gaethje or Pettis or till is absurd.

his comments themself would have been ok in the right forum......roasting one of the fighters like he did during the production was really dumb, as someone that is part of the production and the promoting company....he should have a little more empathy towards how much blood sweat and tears the fighters put into it all....yeah people have bad ..even terrible performances ...that doesnt mean they should be publically dragged over the coals by someone who is in absolutely no position of authority over them

his comments were stupid....he was called out on them....hopefully he does better next time

Back