Rivalries that have Divided Sherdog the Most

SmoothPies

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I've had this sherdog account for about 5 years, and been browsing the forums since like 2008.

I can't really remember a fight/rivalry that has divided sherdog as much as Conor vs. Khabib, can you? Perhaps it's just recency bias, but this feels like by far the #1 divider in Sherdog history that I've seen.

Some other ones that come to mind:

Sonnen vs. Silva 2
-My memory from this is foggy, but I remember this being a big one given the buildup, their 1st fight, Chael's promotion.

GSP vs. BJ Penn 2
-One of the best build ups to a fight ever IMO (their 2nd one). There were some die-hard Penn fans that were devastated from this fight, understandably.

Lesnar vs. Mir 2
-I think now that time has passed, people generally like Lesnar and what he has done in MMA (minus the USADA debacle) but I remember back when he was making a tear in the UFC HW division, people who were not a fan of his/the fact he came from the WWE were banking on Mir being the one to overthrow him.

Mayweather vs McGregor. Floyd's nuthuggers vs Conor's nuthuggers.....was intense.

Khabib Conor has been a big one.
The Anderson vs GSP rivalry has been huge dispute there never being a fight

I used to hate my dad because he was cheering for Chuck instead of Tito.

Cash me ousside howbow dah vs. Ain't nobody got time for that

True rivalry that tested Sherdog's unity

Silva/GSP
Jones/DC
Conor/Khabib
Fedor/GSP

That's 95% of Sherdog right there.

Anderson v. GSP
Anderson v. Chael 1 (I believe in Chael AV were EVERYWHERR)

For me it will always be Stedman vs Gale

@Bu11etproof_JBE vs Sherdog’s picture posting function

Recent, yet a tussle for the ages. Sherdog’s picture posting function, via vicious KO, IMO.

chael at his peak trolling and Anderson rabid fans before his downturn is up there, and then the fifth round submission and all the reactions that was great time for MMA and sherdog

I've had this sherdog account for about 5 years, and been browsing the forums since like 2008.

I can't really remember a fight/rivalry that has divided sherdog as much as Conor vs. Khabib, can you? Perhaps it's just recency bias, but this feels like by far the #1 divider in Sherdog history that I've seen.

Some other ones that come to mind:

Sonnen vs. Silva 2
-My memory from this is foggy, but I remember this being a big one given the buildup, their 1st fight, Chael's promotion.

GSP vs. BJ Penn 2
-One of the best build ups to a fight ever IMO (their 2nd one). There were some die-hard Penn fans that were devastated from this fight, understandably.

Lesnar vs. Mir 2
-I think now that time has passed, people generally like Lesnar and what he has done in MMA (minus the USADA debacle) but I remember back when he was making a tear in the UFC HW division, people who were not a fan of his/the fact he came from the WWE were banking on Mir being the one to overthrow him.
Machida vs. Rua

hahah back in the days it was Pride vs UFC that divided this forum the most. (the original 'Heavyweights')

UFC nut huggers and Pride fanboys lol

Rumble vs the weight cut to 170

Conor vs the weight cut to 145

Seriously harsh arguments over these.

@Bu11etproof_JBE vs Sherdog’s picture posting function

Recent, yet a tussle for the ages. Sherdog’s picture posting function, via vicious KO, IMO.

I know how to post a photo just fine, I couldnt however figure out how to post a photo from my gallery.

Not a huge deal, but you nerds ran with it anyways. The photos just would have made you all jealous anyway. Nothing you could probably ever afford.

Back