Does a win over RDS really mean anything at welterweight?

Almus Monk

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Not including his ranking at lightweight but do fighters beating RDA have any reason claiming a title shot or a number 1 contender bouts over a win over RDA? I think fighters are getting a easy “elite” status after beating him,
RDS is 4-4 at welterweight. 4-6 in his last 10.

Notable wins... Neil Magny and Tarec S?

Robbie Lawler, who’s 1-4 in his last 5 and 5-5 in his last 10....He’s has been shot since fighting Rory, he looked awful and hesitant against Condit and onwards.

And Kevin Lee is a lightweight, 0-1 at welteright.

RDA needs 160 division cause 170 isnt for him

Last edited:
Not including his ranking at lightweight but do fighters beating RDS have any reason claiming a title shot or a number 1 contender bouts over a win over RDS? I think fighters are getting a easy “elite” status after beating him,

Robbie Lawler, who’s 1-4 in his last 5 and 5-5 in his last 10....He’s has been shot since fighting Rory, he looked awful and hesitant against Condit and onwards.

RDS needs 160 division cause 170 isnt for him
Rafael dos Sanjos?

I dont think so
Whats-New-in-Windows-Server-2019-Remote-Desktop-Services-RDS.png

I always thought RDA was ranked too high at WW, his only meaningful WW win was against Robbie Lawler....and he’s failed to establish himself against every other contender.

I thought it was RDN for Ralphie dos Nachos

Yes.
Dana said he's using rda to see who could potentially be title challengers.
RDA was ranked 5th before this fight.
That's why colby, Lee, Edwards and now chiesa had to fight him.

Yesterday - 95% of people confident RDA will walk through Chiesa

Today - Those same people. RDA is just washed up and should go to PFL!

ahahahaha

To many former LW’s at WW now that aren’t really WW’s.

For the most part it’s just LW’s fighting other LW’s @ WW with less of a cut and thinking they deserve a WW title shot.

Let them fight top contender real WW’s

No, but a win over JDA means something at heavyweight.

It means that youre top 10,at least... And ww is kinda in transition, thompson,lawler,woodley,rda and maia will all gone in 1-3years, but for now they still serve as gate keepers for top 10/5,however its unlikely they will catch the titlle.

Yesterday - 95% of people confident RDA will walk through Chiesa

Today - Those same people. RDA is just washed up and should go to PFL!

ahahahaha

Chisea has looked very good. Can’t argue that.

He just beat a top 10 guy....

So if Colby wants to fight him... Sounds good to me.

Let’s see what happens when someone at 170 really cracks him.

Also I would like to see how Covington fights off his back and Chisea might give us that.... Doubtful but possible

Not including his ranking at lightweight but do fighters beating RDS have any reason claiming a title shot or a number 1 contender bouts over a win over RDS? I think fighters are getting a easy “elite” status after beating him,

RDS needs 160 division cause 170 isnt for him

It's about time he lost to a fighter outside the top 5 so dumb shits like you can hate on a fighter who just lost

RDA is a gatekeeper WW. Sad but true. He is skilled all around but lacks power at that weight and the ability to deal with bigger guys who want to take him down/grapple.

If he is fine with that more power to him. Otherwise he should probably retire or go to Bellator or Asia.

Yes.
Dana said he's using rda to see who could potentially be title challengers.
RDA was ranked 5th before this fight.
That's why colby, Lee, Edwards and now chiesa had to fight him.
That's kinda stupid TBH

you're gonna have a guy like Chiesa ranked higher than a guy like Wonderboy, makes no sense. Everybody and their dog knows that Wonerboy is the tougher fight.

Back