Colby vs Chiesa? What do you think?

TrevorLahey

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I thought about this match up last night, both have good cardio, good grappling and volume striking, Chiesa is on the come up with 3 straight wins, Colby coming off the loss, I think it's a very curious match up style wise.

I respect chiesa, but RDA seems to have given up completely. Zero sense of urgency, zero fight IQ, zero strategy.

Colby is operating on an extremely high level right now. Chiesa needs one more stone in between where he is and Colby before we talk about it, imo

1.jpg

Interesting matchup stylistically. Chiesa is slept on too much around here as far as I can tell.

Give the advantage to Colby but just barely. Chiesa is crafty on the ground and could most definitely sub him.

Chiesa would really struggle with Colby’s pace and pressure

Lol there’s levels to this and Colby is at the peak looking down on jobbers like Chiesa.

However if Colby wants an easy comeback fight so why not?

<{titihmm}>

Mike has some sloppy striking, standing he would be done, but we all know what Mike will do. Can Colby deal with the grapple game.?

Chisea do not deserve it.

volume striking? he landed 9 significant strikes yesterday

Chiesa is Jon Fitch reincarnated

Chiesa's stand up looked bad against RDA. He beat RDA (who looked terrible) with takedowns, but I doubt he would be able to pressure Colby like that. Good match up for Colby.

Colby would outclass him in every aspect of the fight. Where does chiesa have the advantage?

Colby would box him up badly on the feet. The grappling exchanges have a chance to be interesting, though. My guess is that Colby manages to stay out of trouble on the ground (perhaps surviving a few close calls) and outpoints Mike.

Colby is the better wrestler and striker while Chiesa is the better submission grappler. Is favor Colby but I wouldn’t be surprised if Chiesa were able to reverse positions and backpack chaos to a win.

Truthfully I think Colby volume punches Chiesa to a decision.

Colby has 5 round cardio, Mike has 2 round cardio. If RDA could've kept that fight standing in the third, Mikey would've been in trouble.

Back