Let's debate fellas. In your opinions who was a better overall fighter...

GoshiShun17

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm not asking who had a "greater" career but simply who did you feel was/is a better overall fighter and who is/was more intimidating between Rampage Jackson and Yoel Romero? I can't decide
images.jpeg
Romero.jpg

*Update* A lot of mixed answers here. It seems to be 50/50. Keep em coming.

Last edited:
It's too different. Pages career was much much longer than yoels.

Yoel is def more disciplined in that he didnt gain 40 lbs in between fights. But rampage fought so many of his contemporaries. And there were alot of them to fight in his long career.

It's too different. Pages career was much much longer than yoels.
Yes, but at their peaks what do you feel? Like I said I'm not asking who had a greater career. Just who do you think was the more talented/skilled fighter and who do you believe was more intimidating?

Rampage. I don't really like Romero's weird crab style. As for intimidating, hard to say. Rampage is a better fighter and had strength, chin and power. But Yoel is really explosive, and win or lose you are in for a hard night. I'd say Rampage though.

This shouldn't even be comparable. Rampage Jackson has had a much more decorated career and has a better overall win resume than Yoel.

The thing with Rampage was his inconsistency. He half assed training so often and lost fights that he shouldn't have lost.

I was a huge Rampage fan when I was new. But I think Yoel is the more skilled fighter and also more intimidating. Faster, more athletic, more dynamic striking, better wrestler.

Right now, Yoel is definitely more intimidating..

Have you seen Rampage?

bellator175-weigh-in-results-quinton-rampage-jackson-253-vs-muhammed-king-18053367.png

Rampage has achieved so much more in Pride and the UFC. Yoel is a decent fighter but has never won a belt

Even though they're same age, it's kind of like apples and oranges. Yoel ( age aside and father time is almost at his doorstep- has to be) is more of your modern day complete " elite" fighter. His body of work ( which lacks longevity cause of when he started ) is pretty impressive. Even in his losses, hes been extremely competitive. He probably even should have UFC title in his ledger ( 2nd fight w/ whit but debatable).

Is? Romero. Was? I'm not sure, Rampage has had a much longer career. When I say is I mean Romero in 2020 would starch Rampage.

Yoel is def more disciplined in that he didnt gain 40 lbs in between fights. But rampage fought so many of his contemporaries. And there were alot of them to fight in his long career.
I think rampage wins in all categories, he was more intimidating(wolf howl), actually held the belt, and was the more well rounded fighter overall. I also think rampage was the most underrated guy on the mic ever I loved all his interviews he was the rare guy that was just funny no matter what but still had some scary in him. That being said, Romero is a gem on the mic despite barely speaking English, and is definitely the better athlete. Had he picked up mma earlier he would have been even better than he is, and certainly better than even peak rampage, alas he didnt.

Yoel hasn’t even had 20 fights. It’s a weird comparison but I would say Yoel is the more talented fighter and the more skilled fighter. Rampage had nice boxing and slips and good wrestling but I think Yoel is more complete.

The motivated, Juanito-trained Rampage that beat Dan Henderson and Chuck in their rematch murks any version of Yoel.

Reply #2, and still no answer.

Rampage was the better overall fighter in his prime.

Rampage easy. He won the title and fought and beat more names

Back