Michael Chiesa vs. Top 10 Welterweights

Who does Chiesa beat?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

“I believe I have the tools to finish RDA. I’m going to have to go through hell. I’m going to have to walk through fire, but I’ve proven I’m gritty enough to get that done. If I go out there and do it better than those guys, I can take his spot in the top five and I could be gunning for a title by the end of the year.”

“I want to thank Rafael dos Anjos and his team for giving me the opportunity to get to compete against him tonight. This was the toughest fight of my life. I knew what I was getting into and I have a lot of respect for Rafael and his team. . . I’m going to celebrate this win . . . I’m going to pack my bag and head to Abu Dhabi to help support my teammate Austin (Arnett) as he fights this weekend. 2020 I’m coming for the title. I’ve got the vision . . . it’s time to make it a reality!"

1. Kamaru Usman
2. Tyron Woodley
3. Colby Covington*
4. Jorge Masvidal
5. Leon Edwards
6. Rafael Dos Anjos
7. Demian Maia
8. Stephen Thompson
9. Nate Diaz
10. Robbie Lawler

*called out

Last edited:
He unironically needs 8 fight winning streak to sniff title shot, his can status is still not revoked

he COULD beat lawler if the fight was 3 rounds, other than that, he beats nobody on that list.

I think he comfortably loses against Usman, Woodley,Edwards, Maia and WB. Colby im not so sure. In a three rounder he might have a shot. Masvidal actually subbed him in 2013 which propablye wont Happen again, but im pretty sure He can keep the fight standing.
He beats Nate If He doesnt gas and Robbie if he keeps his guard together.

Who cares. If everybody fought like him there'd be nobody watching

I guess he has a chance at Nate and shadow of Robbie. Everyone else should not have any problems with Chiesa

Chiesa is a decent fight for Colby. He won't have to worry about his chin getting cracked again. But it could play out like Maia vs. Askren.

I'd pick Chiesa over Lawler, but I'm not sure how he'd do against the others on that list.

A match vs Maia would be interesting.

Could he get hold of guys like Thompson, Masvidal, and Edwards and hold them down like he did to RDA? I'd give him a decent chance at it.

Would he be able to out grapple Diaz, Maia, Covington, Usman, Woodley? I don't think he would, but I'd enjoy seeing any of these.

Nate and maybe Lawler. His style is unbearable to watch though

He laid on top another man for 3 rounds and didint do anything with it at any point in time... one of the most boring fighters in the UFC.

11aa6b68-c28c-4a0e-9170-c0405de49df0-3ea49dbd-42be-4d96-b9a9-25601d0c4607-91wo6gpmuzl_sl1500_.jpg

He laid on top another man for 3 rounds and didint do anything with it at any point in time... one of the most boring fighters in the UFC.

I have a feeling he will lose his next couple fights and be sent packing.

I'd pick Chiesa over Lawler, but I'm not sure how he'd do against the others on that list.

A match vs Maia would be interesting.

Could he get hold of guys like Thompson, Masvidal, and Edwards and hold them down like he did to RDA? I'd give him a decent chance at it.

Would he be able to out grapple Diaz, Maia, Covington, Usman, Woodley? I don't think he would, but I'd enjoy seeing any of these.
Chiesa ducked Maia for a reason

Its pretty lame he gets to jump up to number 5 spot for beating RDA a guy anyone in the welterweight rankings would beat

I think he comfortably loses against Usman, Woodley,Edwards, Maia and WB. Colby im not so sure. In a three rounder he might have a shot. Masvidal actually subbed him in 2013 which propablye wont Happen again, but im pretty sure He can keep the fight standing.
He beats Nate If He doesnt gas and Robbie if he keeps his guard together.

Lol you wut.

Colby would lit him up on the feet. Although Chiesa showed great wrestling and top control against RDA, his standup still looked extremely bad.

Its pretty lame he gets to jump up to number 5 spot for beating RDA a guy anyone in the welterweight rankings would beat

RDA was ranked too highly. He had three losses yet maintained a number 5 or 6 ranking all because of one win over a fading Lawler a while back.

For comparison, Maia, a guy who put far more work in at WW, suffered 3 losses to just as good or better competition, yet he was pushed back to 8th, and then after Maia won twice he was pushed back even more to 10th or 11th.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
F5CHAMPIONSHIP
Back