Both -Dos should retire.

NuMe

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Rafael was competitive, but he won 1 in 5, he is out of top 10 at WW, can't make LW anymore. He shouldn't be fed to prospects.

Junior is just done, first consecutive losses in career, he just looks awful.

They are "former champs" that will still be used to make Fight Night cards seem legit.

RDA looked decent on the feet

Cigano looked atrocious

I thought Chiesa looked sloppy coming in and the fact that RDA just backed up and couldn't avoid the take down meant RDA really didn't look that good on the feet. I expected RDA to land heavy shots while standing but it never happened

I think it was DC that commented about the lead upper cut that JDS was just winding up on and how bad it was. Was JDS trying to get caught by Blaydes after those wild misses? JDS has forgotten how to set up strikes

His boxing was mostly bad because of Blaydes wrestling skills. His main focus was clearly on his takedown defense so his boxing was suffering from that. Thats one of the huge advantages wrestlers have.

RDA is still pretty sharp and skilled, he's just undersized by about 2 weight classes at WW

Dos Santos on the other hand has been outright awful for years now

RDA is still pretty sharp and skilled, he's just undersized by about 2 weight classes at WW

Dos Santos on the other hand has been outright awful for years now

Right on RDA, wrong on JDS

Rafael was competitive, but he won 1 in 5, he is out of top 10 at WW, can't make LW anymore. He shouldn't be fed to prospects.

RDA is still going to be favorite to win against almost everyone ranked <#5 at WW. He took almost no damage in this fight, just got controlled by a big grappler. I don't think he needs to hang em up yet. JDS doesn't need to take any more damage IMO.

Retiring is overrated

Get that money if you got that contract

JDS is turning into the HW Cerrone. When the going got tough in his last two outings, he shelled up and waited for the ref.

RDA is washed up, JDS is too, but JDS was never any good so he gets brutalized while RDA loses and still shows some skills.

JDS has looked mentally checked out for awhile now.

He's on the Hunto route, he's literally just there to collect paychecks. I seriously doubt he even gives a fuck about losing at this point.

I feel for RDA. He’s very good in multiple facets but, despite being a legit bjj black belt, doesn’t have much to offer from off his back. This is widely known and thus fighters are not afraid to exploit it.

guys like Maia and Werdum have an edge because very few people want to take them down. The thing that sucks for RDA is that he is a damn good striker but doesn’t have the threat with his guard to discourage the wrestling of his opponent.

You'd think both of them would be pretty set financially, I think the pair of them genuinely love fighting may not see either of them retire for a while.

Back