JDS might be the best example of a fighter thats a shadow of his former self..

Rockman14

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Standing TKO, confidence was LOW, looks ok physically but just not the same game...damn.

Renan Barao?

That Brazilian mid life crisis is real.

Yeah, His movement looked awesome, and his takedown defense was awesome, but his boxing looked horrible.

It’s also as if his technique has regressed over the years as well.

Yeah, His movement looked awesome, and his takedown defense was awesome, but his boxing looked horrible.
Im mad cause this is all true. The man who wanted to box Vladimir Klischko ladies and gentlemen.

Did he hit blaydes even once?
He cracked him good in the first minute or so and had Blaydes doing the panic wrestle.

Then Blaydes literally punched JDS in the dick and it was all downhill from there.

Nah, JDS is still infinitely closer to the best version of himself than these guys are/were late in their careers:

Renan Barao
BJ Penn
Chuck Liddell
Fedor Emelianenko
Mauricio Rua
Quinton Fatpage Jackson

That uppercut was so telegraphed each time, it was just a matter of time before Curtis clipped him. I Feel like his boxing used to be way more fluid and faster.

hate that. when he was rolling '08-'12, he was one of my favs to watch. That floor up uppercut (T)KO on Werdum is still one of my favorites.

It’s also as if his technique has regressed over the years as well.

That's because he never had stellar technique, he got by with speed, tdd, power, chin. His athleticism is serioudly faded, along with injuries and USADA. He's done at the top, can still smoke noobs for some mid card cheddar though.

Back