Anybody else just can't for the life of them see how Khabib defeats Tony?

PlatinumColbyCovington

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nurmagomedov:

- needed 4 rounds to finish Conor
- needed 3 rounds to finish Poirier
- needed 3 rounds to finish Johnson
(You're talking about 3 weak grappler Featherweights)
- couldn't finish Iaquinta in a 5 round fight
- couldn't finish Barboza, Trujillo, RDA, Healy, Tibau within 3 rounds

Khabib is HIGHLY unlikely to finish this fight within three rounds.. so you're telling me that Tony isn't going to either hurt him bad on the feet or lock in ONE of those countless submissions he WILL attempt over and over again off his back within those 10-15 minutes that Khabib absolutely NEEDS to wear him out before he could even put himself in a position to finish this fight? Khabib will either get busted up bad on the feet, or eventually CAUGHT / STRANGLED by one of those numerous submission attempts. There is no other way about it.

907241856.jpg.0.0.jpg

He didnt *need* 4 rounds to finish Conor, he *chose* round 4.

He abandoned a kimura while toying with him in round 2

The same way he beats everyone else???? Seems pretty straight forward

Nurmagomedov:

Khabib is HIGHLY unlikely to finish this fight within three rounds.. so you're telling me that Tony isn't going to either hurt him bad on the feet or lock in ONE of those countless submissions he WILL attempt over and over again off his back within those 10-15 minutes that Khabib absolutely NEEDS to wear him out before he could even put himself in a position to finish this fight? Khabib will either get busted up bad on the feet, or eventually CAUGHT / STRANGLED by one of those numerous submission attempts. There is no other way about it.

907241856.jpg.0.0.jpg

Poirier and Conor are FWs? Is that why neither of them are even willing to cut to LW anymore?

Tony can only win by cut, and he has maybe a 1/10 chance at best of submitting Khabib. He will most likely get dominated.

The way he wins every fight? Not that hard to see how either guy wins. That’s what makes it an interesting/huge fight

I like Tony, I hope his fans dont turn in to Conor fans. I'm picking Tony but out of all the fights Tony has had, this one does worry me the most. If you cant see how Khabib could win you are a blind delusional fanboy.

He didnt *need* 4 rounds to finish Conor, he *chose* round 4.
He abandoned a kimura while toying with him in round 2

He did not you fuckwit. Professional fighters finish fights when they can. either he couldn't, or hes not professional. You choose.

Your love for El Cucuy is clouding your judgement. I get it. I love Tont, too. BUt the sad truth is Khabib will do the same exact thing he does to everyone, wrestle-fuck Tony into oblivion.

Needed 3 rounds to finish Johnson? You realize Tony lost to Johnson, right?

Tony also lost a round to Cowboy, nearly got finished by Vannata, got dropped by Pettis, dropped and mounted by FKL, dropped by Johnson.

By far Tony's most impressive win was a 48-47 win after blinding RDA with eye pokes, and Khabib completely dominated RDA and didn't need to poke him in the eye to do it.

You hope, you’d better hope. Conor fans in full prayer mode.

Tony is a tough hombre. Also, once we're talking about championship fights, we're talking about guys who don't get finished easily.

I like Tony. Because of his diverse skill set, I think he may be the only person capable of defeating Khabib. However, Tony will need to have the greatest performance of his life, and even then, I only give him about a 30% chance to win.

Khabib’s ability to wrestle, grapple, smother people and then wrap them into a pretzel is absolutely ridiculous... and I expect that’s what will happen when he fights Tony. But I am holding out hope that this will be a great fight, and we may see Khabib really challenged like we’ve never seen before.

Nurmagomedov:

907241856.jpg.0.0.jpg
A Conor fan jumping ship to Ferguson, in desperation to see Khabib lose..

<LikeReally5>

50/50 fight for me, I lean towards Khabib. Only way I can see Ferguson taking the win is via cut. What I can tell you for sure though, is that if they're ever matched up, Conor beats Tony hands down. This is coming from someone who's a big fan of Tony, and doesn't care for Conor at all.

Conor fans are really gunning for tony because their guy couldn't get the job done.

he can win by g+p
but tony has more ways to win and is dangerous in very position

Back