Covington vs Thompson makes alot of sense right now for a fight night headliner

J

Jpenwell14

They both find themselves in self made no man's land for different reasons but they both need to fight again, and the way. They matchup provides new challenges and tests their ability to make adjustments.

Who you got?

They should have done Colby vs Woodley. Why the hell not?
Both lost to current champ and those three seem to have a disliking for one another.

I like it.

Wonderboy by KO in the 3rd by highlight reel headkick.

Interesting fight, Thompson will definitely check that jaw. Colby wins if he can smother Thompson and land volume but I think Thompson’s footwork will be too much for Colby.

That's a good fight. Body shots seem to really slow Colby down. Can Wonderboy push the pace and work the body enough?

Covington vs. Conor, and run back Till vs. Thompson

Thompson vs masvidal

Jorge had his shot. Showed no reason for a rematch, dont get me wrong, Masvidal is one of my fav fighters, but I wouldnt mind seeing Jorge vs. Tyron.

I like it.

Wonderboy can still beat anyone on a given night, and yes, it's an interesting stylistic matchup for both of them. Obviously, Colby would be the favorite.

I like it.

Wonderboy can still beat anyone on a given night, and yes, it's an interesting stylistic matchup for both of them. Obviously, Colby would be the favorite.

I dont see it so clear that Colby would be the fav.

Great suggestion actually.

Alternatively, I'd do Wonderboy vs. Geoff Neal and Covington vs the Woodley/Edwards loser.

I dont see it so clear that Colby would be the fav.

What he did to RDA and Lawler was very convincing. Of course, Wonderboy is a different beast, and I'm not saying he wouldn't be able to win with his elite footwork and elusive striking style, but I'm currently favoring Colby against anyone not named Usman.

Pretty good. I think Wonderboy will be back before Colby's ready though.

This fight would be hilarious and I think WB would put a clinic on him

That's a good fight, but ideally Colby vs Woodley, although Woodley would probably only take the fight if he loses to Leon.

You ain’t Hurd?!?! Colby thinks he’s the biggest draw and star in the game how dare you insult him by saying he should headline a fight night card and not a PPV!!!!

Back