Media Detailed New Interview with Fighter Kevin Lee

Ackmed

Silver Belt
Reaction score
This one goes into more detail about him vs Makhachev, and of course his upcoming bout with Charles but the Islam discussion in more interesting.

Ironically for the longest time when Islam was calling him out even 2 years ago FKL ignored and only asked for Khabib.

Now he wants Islam just as bad and hardly mentions Khabib.

He's smart, he knows Khabib is likely to retire soon while Islam is the future of the LW division.

90c4a928a58039d0194ef8e4537b8224.jpg

It's too bad LTFKL and Makhachev aren't fighting.

I'd love to see it after FKL establishes a streak and Islam rises up in rankings for it to make more sense. The match up makes sense but even as a contender, and as a purist, I wouldn't be mad if it was made instead of Oliveira but you also gotta negotiate in good faith. This fight would have been a bad faith deal.

I'd love to see it after FKL establishes a streak and Islam rises up in rankings for it to make more sense. The match up makes sense but even as a contender, and as a purist, I wouldn't be mad if it was made instead of Oliveira but you also gotta negotiate in good faith. This fight would have been a bad faith deal.

Not sure what u meant by it being a bad faith deal?

I agree it's an exciting bout whether it happened soon or down the road.

Not sure what u meant by it being a bad faith deal?

I agree it's an exciting bout whether it happened soon or down the road.
A fight in which only one person stands to gain something. Lee would gain respect from real fans like you and me , but we both know dana won't reward him accordingly for beating Islam. So if they do make that fight it'd be purely for makhachev's benefit, not FKL. that's what I meant

A fight in which only one person stands to gain something. Lee would gain respect from real fans like you and me , but we both know dana won't reward him accordingly for beating Islam. So if they do make that fight it'd be purely for makhachev's benefit, not FKL. that's what I meant

FKL must see some benefit or it wouldnt be his first choice opponent.

It would definitely turn Khabib's attention towards FKL, if he won.

This one goes into more detail about him vs Makhachev, and of course his upcoming bout with Charles but the Islam discussion in more interesting.

Ironically for the longest time when Islam was calling him out even 2 years ago FKL ignored and only asked for Khabib.

Now he wants Islam just as bad and hardly mentions Khabib.

He's smart, he knows Khabib is likely to retire soon while Islam is the future of the LW division.

If Islam is the future of the division he’s dumb fighting him now....

And building your career around Khabib retiring, which he isn’t doing, wild also be moronic.

FKL must see some benefit or it wouldnt be his first choice opponent.

It would definitely turn Khabib's attention towards FKL, if he won.

After FKL trashes Islam and makes him his b. Khabib is going to be fiending for a fight against FKL. The thought of his teammate being so thoroughly embarrassed and outclassed will fill Khabib with rage. He'll keep remembering the sight of Islam's head being knocked into the stands.

And the emotion will lead to Khabib being KOd by a calm, clinical FKL under the training of Firas Zahabi.

Him saying that the UFC said "the fight with islam isn't big enough yet"

Sounds exactly like what they were saying to Adesanya back when he was on the come up and calling out costa. I remember adesanya calling out costa back before adesanya was top ten, and according to him the ufc said, "that fight's not big enough yet"

Him saying that the UFC said "the fight with islam isn't big enough yet"

Sounds exactly like what they were saying to Adesanya back when he was on the come up and calling out costa. I remember adesanya calling out costa back before adesanya was top ten, and according to him the ufc said, "that fight's not big enough yet"
makes sense. cain and JDS never fought eachother while having the longest streaks in the division until the title was in the picture

Back