Don’t Holloway and Jose Aldo get equally Destroyed by the Diaz’s at 170?

Garnet_StrongerThanYou

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thinking of any other FW champion who would go up to 170 and take on a Diaz brother.

On my eyes they both get boxed up and submitted.

by Nick or Nate.

Don’t think Conor deserves to be shamed for this one.

Yes. Nate's also a bantamweight and was six times bigger than Conor.

Aldo in his prime takes Nate's legs home with him. Don't see either making 170 but 155 is a different story.

If Aldo is still able to throw decent enough kicks, he fucking murders Diaz.

Aldo in his prime takes Nate's legs home with him. Don't see either making 170 but 155 is a different story.

And still gets boxed the fuck up worse than Holloway did him. Get real dude.

Holloway?
No, I'd comfortably favour him against Nate

Boxer Aldo? no, never. He'd gas and get finished
Aldo with leg kicks? I'd feel good with betting on Aldo

Not a champion, but Dan Hooker was a featherweight and would destroy Diaz at welterweight.

And still gets boxed the fuck up worse than Holloway did him. Get real dude.

Nate has great boxing and would have a reach advantage but we're talking prime Aldo here who has some of the best head movement/striking defense. Aldo would stay on the outside smashing Nate's legs in imo

Nate would have to get close and dirty box which he's capable of but Aldo is incredibly tough to get a hold of and I just don't see it happening

I'd take Aldo via UD nearly everytime

Prime Aldo was nearly unbeatable, but I wouldn't expect you to know that

<6>
Nick hasn't won since 2011 when he beat blowjob pencil. Aldo and Holloway would wreck them.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if either Diaz beat Holloway soundly. He isn't as good as a good portion of Sherdog think he is.

I would give Holloway and prime Aldo a fair chance againt Nate.

BUT.
The thing is, Holloway and Aldo are STILL FW fighters. Moreover Aldo has just managed to make 135!
Conor will never make 145 again.

So, OP's comparison is kind of unfair.

Nate has great boxing and would have a reach advantage but we're talking prime Aldo here who has some of the best head movement/striking defense. Aldo would stay on the outside smashing Nate's legs in imo

Nate would have to get close and dirty box which he's capable of but Aldo is incredibly tough to get a hold of and I just don't see it happening

I'd take Aldo via UD nearly everytime

Prime Aldo was nearly unbeatable, but I wouldn't expect you to know that

No, 145 just never rose to his level. He got thumped hard against Mendes 2 and mark hominick long before any of that shit happened.

Great take down defense, brutal leg kicks, and speed. I'll give him those things. But he's short, his gas tank got exposed and at 170 he would get beat the fuck up by nate diaz.

BJ Penn did he didn't win obviously but he stepped up.

Just so you guys know reach and height and weight are real things. Jesus christ. Max Holloway is a fucking pillow fisted purple belt.

I think Holloway gets an UD against nate.

Prime Aldo just doesn't lose to anyone.

Lol Nate got killed by RDA, B Henderson and whats his name? Thompson? I love the Diaz bros but this was Cabo Nate. And while not many people can actually beat them in fights, plenty of guys have out scored them already which is what Clown Boy barely did, and not unanimously. Lot of people think Nate won. He deserves shame for both fights. Aldo and Holloway aint running their mouth or being given free title shots left and right unless its bc Clown Boy himself vacates belts because he's too terrified to defend them. In that case the former champs do get a semi free title shot but those were well deserved.

So yes, he deserves shame for all his fuck ups.

Both Aldo and Max have better stand up than Nate. There's no way Aldo could ever fight at 170 tho, he's too small. You could also argue that Aldo is better on the ground than Nate. He's been a blackbelt for like 12 years and has a high level ground game, we just almost never see it. Either way, he could hold his own with Nate on the ground.

Cowboy and Nate are LWs, not WWs.

One of the biggest holes in Nate's game is defending leg kicks (in part because of his boxing stance); and prime Aldo was arguably the best leg kicker in the sport. Couple that with Aldo's huge speed advantage and I think Aldo beats Nate. Max is very similar to Nate, but has a more diverse striking arsenal. Again, I'd favor Max.

As a side note, I don't think Aldo belongs in this discussion. Contrary to popular belief, Aldo wasn't a huge FW, whereas Conor was monstrous for the division (he constantly bragged about being bigger than everyone else). Conor was a LW who absolutely killed himself to make 145; I say that with some measure of respect, because it's quite impressive that he was able to perform so well given the weight cut. Put it this way, Conor looked more sickly making 145 than Aldo looked even making 135.

Back