News Stipe Miocic’s eye is healed, says next opponent could be Francis Ngannou

Guard

Be Real
@Green
Reaction score
https://thebodylockmma.com/ufc/stip...-says-next-opponent-could-be-francis-ngannou/

UFC heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic is ready to get back in the swing of things.

Miocic regained his heavyweight title following an epic comeback victory against Daniel Cormier in their rematch at UFC 241 in August.

He has been on the sidelines since after suffering a major retina injury stemming from an eye poke from Cormier during the fight. However, things are all healed up as of a week ago.

“Better. A lot better,” Miocic said of his eye at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards. “It’s healed up. Taking my time with it because I’m 37.

“I don’t want to injure it again. I want to be able to see out of both eyes when I’m older. I love fighting but my health’s more important."

Miocic’s next fight is expected to be a trilogy with Cormier according to UFC president Dana White. As of now, there is no update yet on when that fight can happen.

“No, not right now,” Miocic added when asked if there was an update. “I just got cleared so I’m taking my time, getting back to the swing of things. We’ll figure it out, see what happens.”

That said, though White has claimed the trilogy is next, Miocic isn’t ruling out the possibility of facing another opponent. At least, going by the UFC head honcho’s history of past comments.

“That’s what he [White] says. He says a lot of things that are not true.”

Could one of those opponents be Francis Ngannou? Most certainly.

“It could be. Who knows? Whoever they want me to fight, honestly. I don’t really care. I’ll put on a clinic on Ngannou again.”

He will fight who Dana wants him to fight. He has never picked opponents.

We all know Stipe has no say, literally none even as a champ

https://thebodylockmma.com/ufc/stip...-says-next-opponent-could-be-francis-ngannou/

UFC heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic is ready to get back in the swing of things.

Miocic regained his heavyweight title following an epic comeback victory against Daniel Cormier in their rematch at UFC 241 in August.

He has been on the sidelines since after suffering a major retina injury stemming from an eye poke from Cormier during the fight. However, things are all healed up as of a week ago.

“Better. A lot better,” Miocic said of his eye at the Greater Cleveland Sports Awards. “It’s healed up. Taking my time with it because I’m 37.

“I don’t want to injure it again. I want to be able to see out of both eyes when I’m older. I love fighting but my health’s more important."

Miocic’s next fight is expected to be a trilogy with Cormier according to UFC president Dana White. As of now, there is no update yet on when that fight can happen.

“No, not right now,” Miocic added when asked if there was an update. “I just got cleared so I’m taking my time, getting back to the swing of things. We’ll figure it out, see what happens.”

That said, though White has claimed the trilogy is next, Miocic isn’t ruling out the possibility of facing another opponent. At least, going by the UFC head honcho’s history of past comments.

“It could be. Who knows? Whoever they want me to fight, honestly. I don’t really care. I’ll put on a clinic on Ngannou again.”
Finally starting to speak more freely.

Wish he would’ve spoke his mind more throughout his career

but that could’ve stunted his growth so who knows

I’d rather see this fight than stipe DC three, but the only way this works is if they have a Brock return lined up for DCs retirement fight

UncomfortableInfatuatedBoa-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_p3106h7MLi1r7vh24o2_540.gifv

I hope he fights DC, cuz that fight is so much better (skill wise)

good for stipe

giving how both of the fights went down why would he wish to be fighting a blatant eye poker. everybody ufc/community all so called 'journalist' ignoring those eye pokes like they there nothing probably gets under his skin...

dc is a dirty fighter its already proven

O

Stipe vs jones, Ngannou vs DC winners fight for the hw strap on new years card is best case scenario imo

Ngannou has to go through Rozenstruik first. Unfortunately it's going to have to be the DC trilogy.

Back