Why doesn't Greg Hardy just run across the cage and tackle KO his opponent?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Look what guys in the NFL can do. Greg Hardy has room to run and do this at the start of every round. Jorge Masvidal proved that it can work. Why doesn't he give it a shot?

He doesn't have a crash helmet on in the cage and they're not allowed to knee players in the head in the NFL.
If his opponent had a ball in their hands it'd help him in the UFC too as you can't punch anyone while holding a ball.

Because he's not wearing a suit of armour. And he's not running at people whose objective is to score a touchdown. He would be running at people who want to knock his head off...

Also because RB, WR and QBs are almost always 20 to 60 pounds less than him and have to watch out for 10 other defensive players in the game.
More importantly, those football players have not trained in takedown defense.

That said, put 250 pound Derrick Henry in front of Hardy and and I would say Henry runs him over 1 on 1.

tenor.gif

I remember Brock Lesnar tackling Herring like that...

He should, after all he would need to do to win is Pin the guy, 1-2-3 and it's all over....

SilentInfiniteInchworm-max-1mb.gif

Look what guys in the NFL can do. Greg Hardy has room to run and do this at the start of every round. Jorge Masvidal proved that it can work. Why doesn't he give it a shot?

Answer: Askren vs Masvidal

Because the octagon is too wide, he would need to catch his breath halfway through.

19921498-0-image-a-47_1571486355918.jpg

Last edited:
He should try it, Ricco Rodriguez beat Couture with football tackles in round 4 and 5.

Ask Ben Askren.

Masvidal proved that you can get KTFO doing that.

Lol, he would run right into the most spectacular KO in UFC history.

Goldberg was a monster. His other finisher was sick too. I hear they cut him because he kept injuring people back stage, not sure whether that was down to recklessness or just the sheer violence needed to execute his moves, but if it was the latter they probably would have changed his moveset rather than just get rid of him - he was a fan favourite back when I used to watch.

Back