Khabib has a checkmate in his back pocket

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
That whole "win 10 fights in a row for a rematch" thing is absurd, I must admit.

However,
If I were Khabib, I'd tell Conor/Dana/the fans that I'll only rematch him if he gives someone else a rematch first. This could catch fire with the fans and Conor's recent opponents and he could be stuck in a corner facing the "you're not scared are you" play.

Would be really interesting IMO.
Imagine Conor having to beat Nate, Aldo, Dustin, or even Max right now to get his rematch. That'd be pressure dawg.

Conny vs Dustin at 155 makes a lot of sense actually. Max even more so, but long gone are the days Conor could make 145, he is a full blown WW now.

He should tell him to fight Dustin and Gathje. 2 actual contenders. Everyone else had to earn their shots, why can't Conor?

Conny vs Dustin at 155 makes a lot of sense actually. Max even more so, but long gone are the days Conor could make 145, he is a full blown WW now.
Dude if Aldo moved to LW for a Conor fight I'd be so giddy.

Dude if Aldo moved to LW for a Conor fight I'd be so giddy.

I'd like that fight, but unfortunately, Aldo is a 135er now and looks great in that class tbh, he is next in line. Conor is a 170er for some time now, so there are no real chances of this fight happening anytime soon.

That whole "win 10 fights in a row for a rematch" thing is absurd
It was not meant to be taken literally. Why do people keep quoting this like it means something? His point was that Conor has to earn the rematch by beating top contenders.

On your main point though, I don't think it will matter whether he fights Gaethje or Poirier - as long as he fights either of them and wins, he and Dana will make it impossible for Khabib to refuse the rematch.

I complete agree TS .
A lot of Conor supporters say that he doesn't need to rematch anyone because he has already beaten them and he wants to move on with his fighting career and build a greater legacy fighter other opponents so why can't Khabib do the same .

It was not meant to be taken literally. Why do people keep quoting this like it means something? His point was that Conor has to earn the rematch by beating top contenders.
I guess you're right, I, like many others, took it out of context.

Regardless though, the storyline IMO right now should be Conor having to give a rematch before getting the rematch he wants. Its perfect.

Dustin's up there in the LW rankings and has a win over Gaethje, so it would be a good, sense making fight right now. But rematching FWs who aren't in the LW rankings (Max, Aldo) would be off topic and birng the haters out. Especially Aldo who's now at midgetweight.

I guess you're right, I, like many others, took it out of context.

Regardless though, the storyline IMO right now should be Conor having to give a rematch before getting the rematch he wants. Its perfect.
Yes, it would be a good response. However I think many more fans are interested in Gaethje/Conor than a rematch with Dustin.

Yes, it would be a good response. However I think many more fans are interested in Gaethje/Conor than a rematch with Dustin.
Sure. I am too but I still would have no problems with the Dustin rematch. That, in some ways makes more sense and would be a harder fight.

What do you think?

Sure. I am too but I still would have no problems with the Dustin rematch. That, in some ways makes more sense and would be a harder fight.

What do you think?
I agree, I just think that Dana will want to match Conor up against the more fan-friendly fighter. Conor/Dustin II would be much more competitive than their first fight IMO but it just isn't as interesting.

That whole "win 10 fights in a row for a rematch" thing is absurd, I must admit.

However,
If I were Khabib, I'd tell Conor/Dana/the fans that I'll only rematch him if he gives someone else a rematch first. This could catch fire with the fans and Conor's recent opponents and he could be stuck in a corner facing the "you're not scared are you" play.

Imagine Conor having to beat Nate, Aldo, Dustin, or even Max right now to get his rematch. That'd be pressure dawg.

Khabib is trying to hide the fact that he wants to avoid Conor because he knows Conor is dangerous. Khabib has lied in the past and was exposed by Conor during their first press conference when Conor said that Khabib is a rat

I agree, I just think that Dana will want to match Conor up against the more fan-friendly fighter. Conor/Dustin II would be much more competitive than their first fight IMO but it just isn't as interesting.

I go back and forth in my head about the Conor Gaethje fight. I feel like Justin has everything to win but he might get lured into trading in the pocket early on and catching a left hand.

He has no checkmate. Khabib is a hypocrite and knows that facing Conor now is far more of a risk than when he faced the Conor that came back after a 2 year lay off and was injured during his camp. He said that he doesn't fight for money but can't stop mentioning how much he wants for another fight. His record is padded and fears welterweight so he cuts over 50lbs to fight smaller men. That's why Conor called Khabib a rat

However,

Stuff like this doesnt matter. When dana was asked why idle conor deserves a shot over gaethje his answer was literally "come on guys". Thats what we're up against- total bullshit.

Meanwhile conors nutgobblers are out there parroting that hes "never really been beaten"

<DisgustingHHH>

Those two ain’t fighting anytime soon unless Tony gets injured again. If anything goes as planned, the earliest time will be Q4 2020. It doesn’t make any sense.

McGregor isn’t going to wait for him, he knows damn well he needs to stay active to continue revitalizing his career. I hope Khabib stays true to his word, and I hope they match Conor up with Masvidal and/or Gaethje.

Or he could just say "win a fight at 155"

It makes 350 units of sense
how do you get executed like that in the furst:
GettyImages-456280520.jpg

and not strongly campaign for a redo

Also, the two could comfortably do it at 170
Dusty owes it to everybody to give CMac a taste of lite/welterweight thugjitsu

Back