Real champions vs. "official" champions

johncola

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I thought it'd be interesting to look at how the list of real champions compares to the list of "official" champions (i.e. the ones that get listed as champions on websites, etc.).

Heavyweight
Champion: Jon Jones or Francis Ngannou

Light Heavyweight
Champion: Jon Jones

Middleweight
Champion: Israel Adesanya

Welterweight
Champion: Conor McGregor

Lightweight

Featherweight

Bantamweight
Champion: Petr Yan

Flyweight
Champion: Henry Cejudo

W.Featherweight
Champion: Amanda Nunes

W.Bantamweight

W.Flyweight
Champion: Valentina Shevchenko

W.Strawweight
Champion: Zhang Weili

So, the websites etc. have 6 out of the 12 champions correct. 50% is pretty low. When do you think they'll be updated to reflect reality?

To be the man you have to beat the man

giphy.gif

I thought it'd be interesting to look at how the list of real champions compares to the list of "official" champions (i.e. the ones that get listed as champions on websites, etc.).

Heavyweight
Champion: Jon Jones or Francis Ngannou

Light Heavyweight
Champion: Jon Jones

Middleweight
Champion: Israel Adesanya

Welterweight

Lightweight

Featherweight

Bantamweight
Champion: Petr Yan

Flyweight
Champion: Henry Cejudo

W.Featherweight

W.Bantamweight

W.Flyweight
Champion: Valentina Shevchenko

W.Strawweight
Champion: Zhang Weili

So, the websites etc. have 6 out of the 12 champions correct. 50% is pretty low. When do you think they'll be updated to reflect reality?
Why not just put Conor as champion of every weight class in the Woman’s divisions you can call him Connie MacGregor.

well tbh the real champion of LW, WW, and MW is GSP
because georges beat Penn when he had he LW belt
he never lost the WW belt
and he never lost the MW belt

so you are a conor casual who doesn't know the REAL champions

Why not just put Conor as champion of every weight class in the Woman’s divisions you can call him Connie MacGregor.
@Death By Samson this is what I'm saying.

Haha Connie!!! Did you come up with that yourself? Omg do I also see an extra "a" in his surname? You cheeky lil guy...

Look, at Lightweight at least I would agree. Khabib can't refuse a rematch for years and still hope to be considered a champion.

well tbh the real champion of LW, WW, and MW is GSP
because georges beat Penn when he had he LW belt
he never lost the WW belt
and he never lost the MW belt

so you are a conor casual who doesn't know the REAL champions
Nah, I think you're just trying to talk lineal champions. GSP looked bad against Bisping. No way he's either MW or WW champ. And I'm not convinced he can make LW. And even if he could, how would his old chin make it past Conor's left hand?

"real" champions source is a complete and total imbecile

Nah, I think you're just trying to talk lineal champions. GSP looked bad against Bisping. No way he's either MW or WW champ. And I'm not convinced he can make LW. And even if he could, how would his old chin make it past Conor's left hand?
Gsp would take conor down, land a bit of gnp and conor would roll over like a bitch and tap before gsp even went for the rnc. We saw in the khabib fight conor taps when a arm is anywhere near his neck.

"real" champions source is a complete and total imbecile
All the evidence points to that complete and total imbecile being right though. The only thing we have to the contrary is ad hominem arguments and angry, hateful fans calling people names.

Gsp would take conor down, land a bit of gnp and conor would roll over like a bitch and tap before gsp even went for the rnc. We saw in the khabib fight conor taps when a arm is anywhere near his neck.
GSP isn't Khabib. We haven't seen vicious GNP from him in years. And he's only getting older, less durable, and less athletic. If Conor beats Khabib in a rematch, then GSP has very little shot. Especially at LW, where he'd either be smaller or dehydrated as fuck.

Back