Aaron Pico is fighting tomorrow

Martialbeef

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
On the Bellator prelims... Must have hurt Coker that one.

Really hope Aaron gets it done. The hype train losing dynamic was funny at first but it'd be a bit depressing if he was to lose tomorrow and end up batting .500.

Suprisingly, his opponent, Daniel Carey has a winning record

Edit: Sorry wrong sub. Definitely didn't mean that.

Wonder when that long term deal he signed before he ever took a fight expires

Jesus Bellator made a mess of this

Good idea to have him on the prelims and against a 7-3 dude.

Hard to say if the damage is done and his chin and mentality are permanently broken due to his brutal losses. I just hope we never again have to see people talking about him being the future because some can brought in to lose goes down to a body shot or whatever.

You made me look at the card and what the hell is 7-8 Chris Avila still fighting for. At this point they should've put Pico up against him.

Hopefully Picto can keep his defense tight and get the win. Wouldn't mind seeing him go on a bit of a run.

“Sometimes hype just ain’t enough.”

Kenny Florian

Perfect definition of a bust in MMA

and from all accounts hes a gym warriors and bully outside the cage

hope he gets brutally KOd again

He is actually a really good fighter, he just went all derp and did a Cody Garbrandt in his losses tbh. The guy does have some serious power and amazing technical striking. If he can perfect it with his wrestling we will see him as a top 3 or 5 easily.

Pico is just a Diamond in the rough and needs to work on keeping calm and work on his fight IQ, especially his emotions.

He is actually a really good fighter, he just went all derp and did a Cody Garbrandt in his losses tbh. The guy does have some serious power and amazing technical striking. If he can perfect it with his wrestling we will see him as a top 3 or 5 easily.

Pico is just a Diamond in the rough and needs to work on keeping calm and work on his fight IQ, especially his emotions.

Did you ever see what Eddy Bravo said about Pico on the Rogan podcast? (I think it was during a livestream of one of Pico's fights).

Apparently a young Pico went to 10th planet jiu jitsu, and it kind of sounded like he wasn't very coachable (and that his team were more yes men as opposed to giving him constructive criticism). Eddy said he wanted to have Pico focus on his grappling (given his elite level wrestling), but he seemed like he was committed into turning into a striker. They parted ways on amicable terms, but Bravo didn't sound too surprised when Aaron got starched in his last fight.

Pico wants the big fights and tough challenges too soon. He should train in Thailand if he wants to improve his Muay Thai and work on counters. He has low fight IQ and at times doesn't seem to respect his opponents. This next fight for him is just about right and it'll be interesting how he fares. Hype train will be out of commission if he loses this one.

Good idea to have him on the prelims and against a 7-3 dude.

Hard to say if the damage is done and his chin and mentality are permanently broken due to his brutal losses. I just hope we never again have to see people talking about him being the future because some can brought in to lose goes down to a body shot or whatever.

Perfect definition of a bust in MMA

and from all accounts hes a gym warriors and bully outside the cage

hope he gets brutally KOd again
Lol only on Sherdog can you find people writing off a 23 year old kid who’s fought nothing but killers straight out the gate. So fucking what if he’s 4-3 at 23? What if he wins 10 in a row now? Pico is insanely talented and he refuses to give up. He’s gonna keep busting his ass until he’s good. There’s no doubt in my mind he’ll be great. You guys will look real stupid in a few years.

Did you ever see what Eddy Bravo said about Pico on the Rogan podcast? (I think it was during a livestream of one of Pico's fights).

Apparently a young Pico went to 10th planet jiu jitsu, and it kind of sounded like he wasn't very coachable (and that his team were more yes men as opposed to giving him constructive criticism). Eddy said he wanted to have Pico focus on his grappling (given his elite level wrestling), but he seemed like he was committed into turning into a striker. They parted ways on amicable terms, but Bravo didn't sound too surprised when Aaron got starched in his last fight.

If I recall, his last fight he did implement his wrestling with striking, but just derped because he did the Garbrandt. I would like to see him pick up Muay Thai as well since this would give him an amazing clinch game with his wrestling.

Imagine Aaron Pico having these 3 in perfect sync. Boxing which helps with distance control and striking, Muay Thai for his clinch game and knee strikes in close quarters and Wrestling for his ground work/takedowns.

Honestly, this guy has the potential to be the perfect fighter if he can just be willing to see the right people and go to the correct camps (not yes men).

He isn't like Maycee Barber, this guy is legit imo, he just needs a year or 2 to mature or be given that harsh public embarrassment from certain people that will change him for good in a positive way. He is 100% championship calibre and personally love watching his fights.

Lol only on Sherdog can you find people writing off a 23 year old kid who’s fought nothing but killers straight out the gate. So fucking what if he’s 4-3 at 23? What if he wins 10 in a row now? Pico is insanely talented and he refuses to give up. He’s gonna keep busting his ass until he’s good. There’s no doubt in my mind he’ll be great. You guys will look real stupid in a few years.

What's up Aaron

Back