News Gaethje "I could have been there [UFC 246]. I could have been front row. I could have made a scene."

suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Ultimately, I think it could hurt me in the long run, just not wanting to take that route. I could have been there [at UFC 246]. I could have been front row. I could have made a scene, but I don’t know. And maybe I’ll miss an opportunity because I wasn’t there.”

Gaethje's sounding like Brando at the end of On the Waterfront

tenor.gif

But he was right about one thing.

On his chances of fighting Conor.

“He needed a win. So yeah, I think he’ll fight me now.”

Gaethje is implying that after beating a Bellator-ripe Cowboy, Conor prolly feels like he can tanks hits from Neganu and out-snort Jones.

{<Mcgoat}

Time will tell ... Ultimately who Conor fights will be left up to what bar he visits.

im glad he wasnt there and made a scene.

that shits corny.

Ultimately, I think it could hurt me in the long run, just not wanting to take that route. I could have been there [at UFC 246]. I could have been front row. I could have made a scene, but I don’t know. And maybe I’ll miss an opportunity because I wasn’t there.”

Gaethje's sounding like Brando at the end of On the Waterfront

tenor.gif

But he was right about one thing.

On his chances of fighting Conor.

“He needed a win. So yeah, I think he’ll fight me now.”

Gaethje is implying that after beating a Bellator-ripe Cowboy, Conor prolly feels like he can tanks hits from Neganu and out-snort Jones.

{<Mcgoat}

Time will tell ... Ultimately who Conor fights will be left up to what bar he visits.
giphy.gif

i wonder how Justin would be at 170, I've no idea.

Justin deserves far more respect from the Goof and his toddler.

giphy.gif

Conor doesn't deserve to share the cage with him.

ok this thread just got interesting for all the unexpected reasons

Would have made it more entertaining and wanting more imo.

Well, if someone says he couldve done something that he believes was better for him, and he just did not, it takes away any sympathy if he complains later, right?

Never mind front row,he should've been INSIDE the cage fighting Connor.

He's not the shit talking Conor type, and he doesn't get recklessly emotional like the Wanderlei types, but fights to try and end lives regardless of who is in front of him or what they've said.

He said it best by not responding to Vick and then viciously KOing him: "I'm the least fake person in this sport. I took everything he said to me personally and I'm glad I switched his lights out."

I'm a huge fan of him.

Well, if someone says he couldve done something that he believes was better for him, and he just did not, it takes away any sympathy if he complains later, right?
I'm pretty sure he was just pointing out that he's not that type of guy, not that he regrets not attending and making a scene.

Yeah, you could be right, but JG has been quite a regular on the complainers room lately, so well see.

I'm pretty sure he was just pointing out that he's not that type of guy, not that he regrets not attending and making a scene.

Conor made it a point not to anyone any shine after that fight. The ambiguity gives him an even bigger say in negotiating. He may act like a slimy weasel sometimes but he's really smart outside the cage.

Coulda shoulda woulda didn't

Back