Gaethje is not a bad match up for mcgregor

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He will not try to take him down and its gonna be striking battle, gaethje has ko power but so does mcgregor, conor is the better striker with better defence, of course justin can win but it does not look good on paper to me.

We know Gaethje, he says it himself obviously, he wants to give the fans a fight worth remembering. Blocking punches with his face against Conor will not go well for him. Like I said, not trying to use MMA math here but Conor smoked Alvarez and and Poirier. If they can crack his chin, rock him early, Conor has the ability to put Gaethje out, I'd put my money on Conor.

Gaethje is tailor made to get sniped by the patented left straight.

Yup. Conor could KO him. Very possible.

It's also possible that he doesn't, and Gaethje drowns him late in the fight.

This is sherdog bro

Anyone in the top 10 beats Conor

No reasoning required

I wouldn't be shocked if Gaethje got sparked out. Not one iota. However, if he's smart and doesn't just trade with Conor, he's got cardio Conor could never dream of, leg kicks out the ass and a wrestling pedigree he never uses. If he actually wrestles, cliches and works kicks, he could put a beatdown on Conor. I would like to find out.

Well said, people are acting like Gaethje is some kind of nightmare match up for Conor, but in reality Conor is a bad match up for Gaethje stylistically speaking. That's not to say that Gaethje can't beat Conor, but Conor does have a higher chance of beating Gaethje than Gaethje has a chance of beating Conor.
Masvidal, Usman, Tony, and a Khabib rematch are the real nightmare match ups for Conor. Gaethje, a Dustin Poirier rematch, and a trilogy fight with Nate Diaz are Conor's easiest possible fights at the moment

He's not a bad matchup, but he's better than Cerrone, will fight back, and Conor should have to beat him and not just skip over him to have a claim for another title shot.

I tend to agree Conor would probably spark him out but he deserves his chance to fight for what is rightfully is...

Anyone that isn't a wrestler, is not a bad style matchup for Conor. Conor has a reasonable chance of beating anyone at 155, if they don't go for takedowns. A strong wrestler that can get Conor down, is a bad matchup for him stylistically. I think Conor has a reasonable chance of beating Masvidal & Justin. I think Usman & Khabib are bad matchups for Conor

gaethje is chinny, has the shittiest striking defense i have ever laid my eyes on ... and would get absolutely fucking murked by Conor. the fucking end

I'd say 60/40 Conor's way.

I agree but wonder where you get that from?

I find myself thinking JG is a great fighter who could hurt Conor. But I can't place why.

They have very recent common opponents and MMA math be damned Conor looked better against them all. A lot better.

So I guess we go with. JG could sleep Conor. I dunno. But I want to see it

This is sherdog. Only half the people think that. The other half thinks he KOs everyone below 205.
Only people who actually believe that shit are trolling to get people to react bro

And the bait clearly works every time. Haters take their pitchforks out at a moments notice

Conor is quicker, hits hard and is more explosive. I got Conor winning this fight at 170....

We know Gaethje, he says it himself obviously, he wants to give the fans a fight worth remembering. Blocking punches with his face against Conor will not go well for him. Like I said, not trying to use MMA math here but Conor smoked Alvarez and and Poirier. If they can crack his chin, rock him early, Conor has the ability to put Gaethje out, I'd put my money on Conor.
Conor does have the ability to TKO Gaethje, but at least Gaethje will put up a better fight than ZERO punches landed Cowboy.

At least this fight would be closer to a 50/50 fight that Conor does have some risk in losing. It's a step up from him having a less than 1% chance of losing to Cowboy.

Back