Any updates on the Volk x Max rematch?

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
Is that still what the UFC brass is planning to do?

I remember Dana said he would like to do it in Australia but I don't know if that's probable right now since the other big fighters from that region are booked (Izzy, Hooker).

Is that rematch even going down?
I wouldn't be mad if Max got it but I don't care too much to see it, Volk won pretty damn decisively.

I dont think he deserves one tbh. He should fight a contender first. Its not like he defended the title 5x and then lost.

I dont think he deserves one tbh. He should fight a contender first. Its not like he defended the title 5x and then lost.
I might agree with you if there was someone - anyone - in the wings waiting and highly deserved. But there isn’t, not really.

OTOH if they each fight once or twice and then rematch, that’s cool too.

Heard Ariel today on his pod say the UFC was looking at Australia for the June ppv. Which I hope isn't true as a Midwest fan who was hoping for a 3rd straight Chicago ppv in June.

Heard Ariel today on his pod say the UFC was looking at Australia for the June ppv. Which I hope isn't true as a Midwest fan who was hoping for a 3rd straight Chicago ppv in June.

I wonder who they're gonna put on that card as its too soon for Adesanya and Hooker to turn around and fight again.

Maybe Volk and Max are headlining that card, who knows.

That's awesome, I spent 20 years in Chicago. Best city in the world. Are you from there?

Hopefully not.
Letting 2 people fight over a belt for 2+ years has to quit. Demoted, go win a fight or 2 and see what the top 5 do to each other.

Hopefully not.
Letting 2 people fight over a belt for 2+ years has to quit. Demoted, go win a fight or 2 and see what the top 5 do to each other.
That’s how it used to be and was amazing. Also how the UFC made new stars

Max is probs gonna chill for a while. He was champ for a long time and fought dogs. Of course he wants his belt back but we will see.

Hopefully not.
Agreed, but as someone stated already, there really is no clear cut #1 contender at FW right now so I guess it's better than having the champ sit out for a while waiting for someone.

Zabit , Yair and KZ have to get it sorted out.
I think Zabit and Yair should fight and winner gets winner of Max Volk 2.

What rematch? Max got Max'd badly in his last fight. Dude is amazing and had a legit run, but he should get a win or two before another shot. Given the Dustin drubbing and a decisive Volk win I don't see a reason.

What rematch? Max got Max'd badly in his last fight. Dude is amazing and had a legit run, but he should get a win or two before another shot. Given the Dustin drubbing and a decisive Volk win I don't see a reason.

But who exactly should Volk fight?
That's the problem.

I saw an interview with volk recently where he basically said he thinks Max is going to LW, and even if Max stays at FW he thinks he beat Max decisively, so max should fight someone else while volk recovers from his hand surgery.

Basically he said that Max, KZ, Yair, and zabit should fight and figure out who the next Challenger is.

It looks like Volk is looking to fight in June or July. That's enough time for a number 1 contender to surface.

Last edited:
Is that still what the UFC brass is planning to do?

I remember Dana said he would like to do it in Australia but I don't know if that's probable right now since the other big fighters from that region are booked (Izzy, Hooker).

Is that rematch even going down?
I wouldn't be mad if Max got it but I don't care too much to see it, Volk won pretty damn decisively.

Volk vs. Zabit should be the next matchup, no?

Max is chilling on the beach.

Plus he was refusing to accept he lost saying he thought he did enough (when he didn't do shit all)

But who exactly should Volk fight?
That's the problem.

He's injured. He wants the four guys below him to fight soon, and then he'll face one of the winners in the summer. He also seems pretty convinced that Max is going to LW.

I wonder who they're gonna put on that card as its too soon for Adesanya and Hooker to turn around and fight again.

Maybe Volk and Max are headlining that card, who knows.

That's awesome, I spent 20 years in Chicago. Best city in the world. Are you from there?
It may not be too early if they escape unscathed. I think Hooker finishes Felder & makes the 4 month turn around.

Maybe Usman/Jorge main event with Volk/Max 2 in the co-main.

Back