Has there been another MMA fight where shoulder strikes did damage that directly lead to a finish?

DS66

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'm genuinely curious about this, as I can't think of another example other than last Saturday.

I've definitely seen Anderson, Jon and others utilize shoulder strikes in the clinch, but I can't think of an instance where they did severe damage that caused/directly lead to a finish. Can anyone think of any examples from the past?

I recall quite a few from guard while grounded but am drawing blanks on anything similar in the standup. I think Tito's used them standing up in the clinch but I'm getting old......

jose-aldo-knockout-chan-sung-jung-korean-zombie-ufc-163.jpg

<BC1>

Magny almost got KO'd on TUF vs Camacho, why does no body remember this?

They didn't lead to the finish. The hard knee 8 seconds in is what lead to the finish. He was badly hurt after that knee.

They didn't lead to the finish. The hard knee 8 seconds in is what lead to the finish. He was badly hurt after that knee.

yeah I think a lot of people are over looking this. It’s also the reason he didn’t get out of the way when he was eating those shoulders in my opinion. He was already rocked.

yeah I think a lot of people are over looking this. It’s also the reason he didn’t get out of the way when he was eating those shoulders in my opinion. He was already rocked.
The knee was actually after all the shoulder strikes.

Cowboy got a bloody nose from the shoulders...hardly what lead to the finish. I'm pretty sure the knee to the face and head are what lead to his demise.

The knee was actually after all the shoulder strikes.

Ok we’re talking about different knees then. I’m talking about the one in the opening seconds. Almost a half flying knee that connects hard. Take a look.

Ok we’re talking about different knees then. I’m talking about the one in the opening seconds. Almost a half flying knee that connects hard. Take a look.
I think you're talking about the one in the first 2 seconds but that was more just the momentum of his body after the missed punch. I don't think that one did anywhere near the damage as the knee to the temple 8s in.

Back